cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@teenastie wrote:

@MsTucker09 wrote:
Thank you. They did say something to me about coming back before the end of the month because of their quota. I might just go back last day of march or April at like 7p. O get a great deal. Lol but I will shop around other vw dealers and see what each one will say. And maybe I can negotiate with one dealer based on what another is offering.

It should also be noted that new cars do not have massive amounts of markup within the vehicle. More often than not the amount that you will be haggling could be anywhere between .20 to $10 per month on your monthly payment. I know it is important to feel as though you got a great deal, but do not shoot yourself in the foot over a few bucks a month if you love the car you will be driving Smiley Wink

Great advice teenastie.  And MsTucker09 I love the idea of visiting multiple dealers.  It gives you a better feel for how your chosen dealer stacks up with not just the price, but how they deal with you as a customer.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 201 of 897
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

UpNComing, the manager himself called. Offered to send me an email showing how great the car is(this was in voicemail, I did not answer). Im like....whaaaaaaa??? I dont want to hear the same speech from someone else! He called around 11am. I havent called back because Im at the point where I dont even want to deal with these people! Whether they meet my offer or NOT!Smiley Mad

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 202 of 897
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

I will take all of this into consideration. Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 203 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@currentlywinning wrote:

UpNComing, the manager himself called. Offered to send me an email showing how great the car is(this was in voicemail, I did not answer). Im like....whaaaaaaa??? I dont want to hear the same speech from someone else! He called around 11am. I havent called back because Im at the point where I dont even want to deal with these people! Whether they meet my offer or NOT!Smiley Mad

Forget them.  Trust your gut.  There are a lot of cars out there just like that one.  Back to the drawing board. 

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 204 of 897
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@frogfan12 wrote:

This is my final post on this thread. To answer the aforementioned question, no I am not crazy. While I was attacked because of previous comments (by individuals who surely did not read the thread), I felt like my posts were being systematically ignored while all other questions were being answered. Nothing I ever said lacked respect (unlike the quoted post above). My questions about specific SUVs were directed at the creator of this thread yet other individuals jumped in to respond. The OP could have given some suggestions, yet chose not to. It is what it is but I just find it misleading to start a thread titled "I can help" when only certain posts are answered. 

My intent was never to insult anyone...I just wanted some feedback from someone in the car game like everyone else. My apologies for any comments that may have been received in a manner different from what I intended.

This is an Auto Loans board, on a forum managed (or at least hosed by) Fair Issac Corporation.

This is primarily what we discuss, and frankly there aren't that many gear heads on this forum (if any).  Your questions, while reasonable, really would be better served on any of the hundreds if not thousands of sites dedicated to the actual cars thameselves, rather than one intended for financing.

As for the OP, he may or may not even know much comparitive information besides the marketing shtick, he is a Sales Manager, not a mechanic.  I for one am throughly appreciative both of the information that has been posted in this thread, and that it has not turned into some VW > all sales pitch as I believe you intimated in one of your posts.

While I understand your fustruation, you have to understand this forum doesn't cater to the type of expertise needed to answer your questions fully, and the OP may not have even been able to without sounding biased such as you accused him of in the first place.  I would highly encourage you to find any of the decidicated automotive sites, or consumer reviews, and look for answers there rather than expecting a forum which doesn't specialize in the answers you're seeking to be able to provide them to you.

        
Message 205 of 897
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@currentlywinning wrote:

Forget them.  Trust your gut.  There are a lot of cars out there just like that one.  Back to the drawing board. 

AGREED!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 206 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpNComing, I just wanted to let you know I got pre-approved for up to 41k! Thanks for the insight and help!

Message 207 of 897
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UpNComing, I just wanted to let you know I got pre-approved for up to 41k! Thanks for the insight and help!

+1 -WOW WAY TO GOOOOO!

Message 208 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome!  Glad I could help Smiley Very Happy

Message 209 of 897
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This is an Auto Loans board, on a forum managed (or at least hosed by) Fair Issac Corporation.

This is primarily what we discuss, and frankly there aren't that many gear heads on this forum (if any).  Your questions, while reasonable, really would be better served on any of the hundreds if not thousands of sites dedicated to the actual cars thameselves, rather than one intended for financing.

As for the OP, he may or may not even know much comparitive information besides the marketing shtick, he is a Sales Manager, not a mechanic.  I for one am throughly appreciative both of the information that has been posted in this thread, and that it has not turned into some VW > all sales pitch as I believe you intimated in one of your posts.

While I understand your fustruation, you have to understand this forum doesn't cater to the type of expertise needed to answer your questions fully, and the OP may not have even been able to without sounding biased such as you accused him of in the first place.  I would highly encourage you to find any of the decidicated automotive sites, or consumer reviews, and look for answers there rather than expecting a forum which doesn't specialize in the answers you're seeking to be able to provide them to you.

+1   I tried to be helpful by adding in my thoughts on different SUVs and also mentioned that he can do more research ON HIS OWN at the website dedicated to top safety picks from the insurance institute, but ultimately, the OP who started this thread is a FINANCE MANAGER for a VW DEALERSHIP....  That being said, he is here to help us with finance and car buying questions related to AUTO FINANCING and we are very grateful for his advice Smiley Happy.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 210 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.