cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@sbass5 wrote:

My file is thin  almost 3 years and i just recently had one  and only collection that is 300 from a medical bill ,but my credit cards are at 7% utilization. what are the interest rates I am looking at if you have an idea?

IMHO you're going to need a cosigner Smiley Sad

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 291 of 897
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I think I was unclear. I understand my FICO is probably good enough, what I'm worried about is that my FICO is only that high because I have 4 or 5 items on my report in dispute. With those items factored in my score is 608, but because they are in dispute my score is reporting 660. For a mortgage one cannot have items in dispute, and I was unsure if that applied to car loans as well. Does the dealership look at whether items are in dispute?

Mortgages are MUCH more complicated than car loans.  Whether the auto enhanced FICO calculates the in dispute items the same way as your personal report does I couldn't say.  Personally I have never seen anything listed as in dispute on a report that I ran here.  I can only say if you have a 660 FICO, for whatever reason, you stand a chance at a halfway decent approval.  The only cases I've seen where FICO is ignored is post BK and light credit files.

so whatever you have on your credit report if u have a nice file like AAoA of 7yrs nice mix of credit cards but a few late payments and collections but your score is 650 to 660, not auto enhanced then they are likely to get approved at a halfway decent rate

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 292 of 897
fdholmes1

@UpNComing wrote:

@fdholmes1 wrote:

Hi UpNComing,

I have already been approved by cap one at 7.69% for a loan on a Ford Edge SEL AWD $37,642 final price and I am putting down $7,000.  

Here's some info.  Fico score TU is 628, Experian is 619 (as of Feb 20).  Discharged chapter 7 8/31/2011.  I now have 2 cards on-time payments for last 5 months.  Student loans are paid on time and carried throguh the bankruptcy without missing payments.  I honestly feel like given my situation this is as good as it gets.  Ford wouldn't finance me and others suggested I check a CU, this rate is from Cap 1.  I have negative equity in my current vehicle and will sell it once I purchase the new one, with the hopes of breaking almost even.  Saved up some cash to make the payments for the next 3 months in case it doesn't sell right away.

Do you think I could get a better rate?  I'm happy where I am at but just curious.

Stay with CapOne!  Their rates are out of this world right now!  IMHO you can't do better with those scores.

Thanks so much!  I figured this deal was pretty awesome almost too good to be true.  But I am going to go for it Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 533 (BK Ch7 discharge 8/2011
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 680

Message 293 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@MsTucker09 wrote:

so whatever you have on your credit report if u have a nice file like AAoA of 7yrs nice mix of credit cards but a few late payments and collections but your score is 650 to 660, not auto enhanced then they are likely to get approved at a halfway decent rate

Not quite that cut and dry MsTucker09.  Installment history is important too.  Credit cards really don't help much unless they are well aged with high limits.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 294 of 897
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

thank you upncoming because of your expertise now everyone is asking me about their auto loans...lol...so a friend of mine recently went through an almost foreclosure because her husband left her for his mistress so she fell behind on her mortgage for a while ( I think close to a year), thankfully she was able to have her loan modified to an affordable payment to her.  She is now looking to purchase a new SUV for her family.  She told me she doesnt have any collections, but a couple 30 day lates from like a year ago when all the craziness begun.  SHe said her scores were approx 650, 635, 670 (not sure which bureau is which and where she got her scores from) but she wants to know if she will be automatically denied because she had the late payments on her mortgage even tho the rest of her credit file is good.  Also I think she has a few cc with 0 or low balance.  Thanks Oh BTW i believe she makes approx 60k a year and she wants to get a chevy equinox for I think $35k she has been on her job for about a year and a half, but she has a bachelors degree and is working on her masters now.  thank you

Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12

Message 295 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@MsTucker09 wrote:

thank you upncoming because of your expertise now everyone is asking me about their auto loans...lol...so a friend of mine recently went through an almost foreclosure because her husband left her for his mistress so she fell behind on her mortgage for a while ( I think close to a year), thankfully she was able to have her loan modified to an affordable payment to her.  She is now looking to purchase a new SUV for her family.  She told me she doesnt have any collections, but a couple 30 day lates from like a year ago when all the craziness begun.  SHe said her scores were approx 650, 635, 670 (not sure which bureau is which and where she got her scores from) but she wants to know if she will be automatically denied because she had the late payments on her mortgage even tho the rest of her credit file is good.  Also I think she has a few cc with 0 or low balance.  Thanks Oh BTW i believe she makes approx 60k a year and she wants to get a chevy equinox for I think $35k she has been on her job for about a year and a half, but she has a bachelors degree and is working on her masters now.  thank you

She'll get a little slap on the wrist with interest rate, but as long as she is not currently late on her mortgage she'll be fine.  If her credit was good before everything went bad and afterward she reestablished it doesn't show credit abuse the lender.  To the contrary it shows something went wrong and she had the ability to recover from a bad situation.  That's the time we would make a phone call and talk to the bank to plead her case.

Message 296 of 897
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@MsTucker09 wrote:

She'll get a little slap on the wrist with interest rate, but as long as she is not currently late on her mortgage she'll be fine.  If her credit was good before everything went bad and afterward she reestablished it doesn't show credit abuse the lender.  To the contrary it shows something went wrong and she had the ability to recover from a bad situation.  That's the time we would make a phone call and talk to the bank to plead her case.

thank you upncoming I think she would be happy to hear that i dont think she is too concerned about the interest rate (unless its something ridiculous like 20% or above) I think she was more concerned about being automatically denied because she was recently late on her mortgage

Message 297 of 897
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@ upcoming

I am going to look at a 2010 cc lux with 45k miles on Monday. It's listed right at blue book. About 24k. Any advice on where I should start the negotiating as far as final price. I asked the dealer and he told me its been on the lot for 2-3 months.

I've been preapproved with a blank check for up to 30k @ 3.04%... Should I let him try and beat it?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Message 298 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:
@ upcoming

I am going to look at a 2010 cc lux with 45k miles on Monday. It's listed right at blue book. About 24k. Any advice on where I should start the negotiating as far as final price. I asked the dealer and he told me its been on the lot for 2-3 months.

What part of the country are you in?

Message 299 of 897
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@Jake0215 wrote:
@ upcoming

What part of the country are you in?

michigan

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Message 300 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.