cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@cadesertcredit wrote:

thanks for your reply. The nearest acura dealer other than my local one is about 100 miles away near Los Angeles (I'm in Palm Springs) do you think i'd get a better deal by going to a larger city? 

i don't think i'd have any sort of tax credit on my '04 TL that i'm trading in but the dealer here said he'd pay off the 10.5k i owe. the msrp is about 38k on the new car. iwant to keep my payment as close to $400/month as i can for a 12k mile/yr 36 month lease. .do you think ot's possible? if not what do you think would be the highest msrp i could shoot for? (CA sales tax here is 8.75%, LA area is around 10%)

Thanks

No tax credit in Ca, sorry.  It definitely wouldn't hurt to shop other dealers even if they are 100 miles away.  Dealers that stand alone in an area often know they can charge a premium.  At the very least you'll educate yourself on where the price should be.  IMHO $400/mo is a stretch on a $38K car with $0 down.  Low 30's is a better mark for that payment.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 341 of 897

thanks! i'll take your good advice and see what else is around.....

Message 342 of 897
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

For CAdesert credit- It doesn't matter what county you buy the car in. The sales tax on the purchase will be based on your registration address. I know from experience. I am in CA. So even if you buy in LA County you will get the tax rate of your own county. Hope this helps.

And as UpNComing said you can get internet quotes, you don't even need to step foot in the dealership.

Back to you sir.Smiley Wink

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 343 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no relevant questions for you, Upandcoming, but I wanted to thank you for the wonderful services you have provided this community.  Also, this thread has been incredibly interesting to read, which has helped pass the time on a slow work day.  I hope you had a lovely time in Cancun!

Message 344 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no relevant questions for you, Upandcoming, but I wanted to thank you for the wonderful services you have provided this community.  Also, this thread has been incredibly interesting to read, which has helped pass the time on a slow work day.  I hope you had a lovely time in Cancun!

Thank you so much Idiotsavant!  We just got back.  It was a wonderful place with amazingly friendly people.  My sunburn will have Cancun fresh on my mind for days to come Smiley Very Happy

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 345 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpNComing wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so much Idiotsavant!  We just got back.  It was a wonderful place with amazingly friendly people.  My sunburn will have Cancun fresh on my mind for days to come Smiley Very Happy

Aloe vera is the answer, my friend.  Go to a Trader Joe's or something, I think you can buy a large bottle for 7-10 dollars.  Apply liberally and it stings for maybe 15 seconds and the next 15 seconds is pure bliss.  Rinse and repeat Smiley Happy

Message 346 of 897

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

For CAdesert credit- It doesn't matter what county you buy the car in. The sales tax on the purchase will be based on your registration address. I know from experience. I am in CA. So even if you buy in LA County you will get the tax rate of your own county. Hope this helps.

And as UpNComing said you can get internet quotes, you don't even need to step foot in the dealership.

Back to you sir.Smiley Wink

Thanks for the info. i am going to do some checking around, found a dealer in Temecula as well. the guys here in PS are great and i'd like to give them my business as i bought from them before and they have always taken great care of my car, and me, but i do want the best deal. worked hard to get my scores to where they are and only want them to get better!

thanks to upncoming as well for the advice

Message 347 of 897
mp11477

UpNComing, I have a question for you pertaining to a Chapter 7 BK and financing.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to answer as it appears you deal with VW, but I'll give it a shot.  My Ch7 will be discharged in the next 45 days, and I am going to need a new car.  I did not file a reaffirmation through the Ch7 process, so I will not be responsible for my existing vehicle.  It's a 2008 Pontiac G6 with almost 70k on the clock, and I still owe a couple more years on it (I've driven ALOT in the last 2.5 years).  At any rate, the car is still in decent shape, but due to Pontiac dying, the car is not worth what I owe on it.  Complicating matters, one of the reasons I filed for Ch7 was due to a divorce, and I'd rather buy or lease something with a little less of a payment (currently, I'm at 415/month) to put a little extra in my pocket.  

At any rate, I know some captive finance companies like NMAC make it quite easy to obtain credit and provide favorable rates if you've had a prior loan with them with good history of repayment.  My question is whether GMAC/Ally does the same?  I have 3 previous loans/leases through them with good repayment history.  My current loan is through Huntington bank, and is not a GMAC/Ally loan.  Other than the fact that the current loan is IIB, I had a good payment history on it as well.  

I'm currently making about 59k a year if that helps.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 348 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Appreciate that. Dealer is firm at the 11,900 they dropped it to. They are giving me a family bonus (uncle is master tech in the shop) for my trade in though. $1500 for a 03 LeSabre that needs a lot of work.

Is this a certified car?  2Dr or 4Dr?  Moonroof?

Message 349 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@mp11477 wrote:

UpNComing, I have a question for you pertaining to a Chapter 7 BK and financing.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to answer as it appears you deal with VW, but I'll give it a shot.  My Ch7 will be discharged in the next 45 days, and I am going to need a new car.  I did not file a reaffirmation through the Ch7 process, so I will not be responsible for my existing vehicle.  It's a 2008 Pontiac G6 with almost 70k on the clock, and I still owe a couple more years on it (I've driven ALOT in the last 2.5 years).  At any rate, the car is still in decent shape, but due to Pontiac dying, the car is not worth what I owe on it.  Complicating matters, one of the reasons I filed for Ch7 was due to a divorce, and I'd rather buy or lease something with a little less of a payment (currently, I'm at 415/month) to put a little extra in my pocket.  

At any rate, I know some captive finance companies like NMAC make it quite easy to obtain credit and provide favorable rates if you've had a prior loan with them with good history of repayment.  My question is whether GMAC/Ally does the same?  I have 3 previous loans/leases through them with good repayment history.  My current loan is through Huntington bank, and is not a GMAC/Ally loan.  Other than the fact that the current loan is IIB, I had a good payment history on it as well.  

I'm currently making about 59k a year if that helps.  Thanks in advance for your help!

With a recent BK you can count out anyone giving you a lease.  Financing on the other hand is obtainable.  I do have experience with GMAC and a little with Ally.  However I don't know if Ally kept the same practices as GMAC after the changeover.  Before the economy went bad GMAC was great about forgiving other credit issues if you were good to them in the past.  A recent BK however really does complicate things quite a bit.  You are very limited with the banks that will finance you once you discharge. 

Message 350 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.