cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@my25reasons wrote:

Good monring!

@I am hoping you can answer a question about warranties. I purchased a 3 year GM powertrain extended warranty when I purchased my 2007 Saab 97-x. The amount I owe on the loan is currently 3k higher than kelly blue book value - which is almost what I paid for the warranty @ $2,500.  If I trade in my vehicle, is the warranty refundable - or would the dealership pay more for the trade in, due to the warranty? Also, is the warranty even transferrable? I thought is was and my sister tells me that hers isn't.

Thanks for your input!

Dealers won't really push a trade value because of an extended warranty in my experience.  Most of the time the warranty is transferable for a fee.  Depending on how long ago you purchased the warranty they will refund the prorated amount of unused miles or time, wichever is less.  When did you purchase it?  How many miles have you put on since?

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 441 of 897
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

I purchased it about 8 months ago and I have put about 7k miles on it.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 442 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@my25reasons wrote:

I purchased it about 8 months ago and I have put about 7k miles on it.

Then they will refund the prorated time left I'm sure.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 443 of 897
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Good to know! Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 444 of 897
ray916

Is it hard to get a loan with only bank statements for poi ?  eq score 664  my cu wanted 2 years of tax returns 

Starting Score: 607
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 777

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 445 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@ray916 wrote:

Is it hard to get a loan with only bank statements for poi ?  eq score 664  my cu wanted 2 years of tax returns 

It's standard to ask for two years of tax returns when they can't prove income otherwise.  With your score you should be able to get an auto loan with poi waived.  Do you have any previous loan history?

Message 446 of 897

Hi upncoming,

i would like your opinion. i am looking to lease and was curious what sort of  financing "tier" i'd be in with a TU of 722 and EQ @703. i'm looking to lease an Acura or BMW and notice that they always say "prefered" tier or some such for the rates that they normal advertise. at what point would a person qualify for a "Top tier"sort of rate?

thanks

Message 447 of 897
ray916

had a vol repo in 05 but someone just re-aged it  . but the cu said it was np they just wanted tax returns .

Starting Score: 607
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 777

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 448 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@cadesertcredit wrote:

Hi upncoming,

@i would like your opinion. i am looking to lease and was curious what sort of  financing "tier" i'd be in with a TU of 722 and EQ @703. i'm looking to lease an Acura or BMW and notice that they always say "prefered" tier or some such for the rates that they normal advertise. at what point would a person qualify for a "Top tier"sort of rate?

thanks

700 is a good benchmark.  However I've seen plenty in the upper 600's get top tier rates as well.  If you have any previous auto history you're golden with your scores.

Message 449 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@ray916 wrote:

had a vol repo in 05 but someone just re-aged it  . but the cu said it was np they just wanted tax returns .

Are you unable to give the CU your returns?

Message 450 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.