cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

OP---I am looking to lease a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Sticker price is $39,510. I am looking to lease so I don't have to have such a high monthly payment and not as much out of pocket first to license. Question would be, will the dealer come down any in price for the lease or do I have any negotiating room on the sticker price while still trying to get best deal with monthly and least amount down as I can? or if I was to just buy would it be reasonable to try to get the price down to $35,000? 

Thanks

Message 891 of 897
cassie3783
Regular Contributor

@UpNComing - considering buying a new car, specifically the 2013 Chevy Malibu LS, sticker price according to the website is $23,425.

IF I do this, I will be financing through my CU which I have my current vehicle financed through.  Current car is 2011 Honda Accord, owe $13k, valued at approx $15.5 so I should at least get a little bit to put towards bringing the finance price down.

Question: since this is a brand new car, do I have any wiggle room for negotiation?

TIA!

P.S. Current Scores as seen below!

Message 892 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really need a new car but I dread the financing. I have a chargeoff on my record from Discover from 2/09. They won't negotiate a payment despite my best efforts. I started rebuilding my credit in 6/11 and now I have two credit cards, both with low limits ($1000 each), 0 balances, and perfect payment records. I have two store cards, both which are used and paid off monthly. I had a car loan for $25k that I paid off in 2008, no lates. I had a lease previous to that, paid off with no lates in 2003. I make $110,000 per year and have been with the same company since 2007. My rent (which I share with my husband) is $2000/mo, again, never late. No collections  or public records other than the chargeoff. I have 11k in savings, 5k in checking. My Experian FICO is 648 and my TU is 630. 

I want to buy a GMC Terrain for about 30k with taxes, tag and title, and I have $3k to put down. Can I get a loan? I'm really worried, but I do get mail from Cap One about once a month saying I'm pre-approved for a $30k loan if I bring in picture ID with my address and a paystub. 

Message 893 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought new scores from myfico and my Experian is 641 and my TransUnion score is 679. So maybe better than I thought. 

Message 894 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am ready to purchase a 2012 Honda Odyssey, EX-L, Roof Rack + Rails and rear entertainment system

Dealer 1 = $35,291 out the door

Dealer 2 = $35,698

Dealer 3 = $35,698

Dealer 4 = $35,670

Dealers 2, 3, and 4 all say that Dealer 1 is losing money if his price is below theirs.

Any thoughts on what is missing?  One dealer said transportation fee ~750 but that was confirmed to be in Dealer 1's price.  Dealer 1 does have the most vans on the lot by a margin.  Could that be it?

THANK YOU

Message 895 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for this great source of information through the replies. It has been very beneficial in understandinpurchase loan and purchase on reading the responses.

I had a question regarding application for an auto loan while on work visa In USA. My husband and I are both on H1-B work visa working for different firms and are looking at purchasing a new car via a joint loan(hoping to get a lower interest rate). We also plan to make a down payment upto 30-35% of the total price of the new vehicle.

Since most loans cannot be offered for a period beyond the visa expiry date, I wanted to know how would the loan period be calculated in our case where I have my visa which is valid for the next one year (with a possible 3 year extension after expiry) while my husband has his visa valid for the next 3 years? what would be the maximum period by when the loan needs to be paid off - will it be in the next 3 years or will it be a 1 year period?

Thanks.

Message 896 of 897
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Locking this thread because OP hasn't been on in a while. For the benefit of others who are looking to have questions answered sooner rather than later, I recommend starting a new thread.

Message 897 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.