cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can help, I manage a car dealership.

tag
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Re: I can help, I manage a car dealership.

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Is there like a general guideline, ratio, formula or something used to determine if payment to income parameters are met? Do you have an example or something you could use? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm an eager beaver. Smiley Very Happy

That would be great if Audi has the same deal. No offense, but I'd much prefer an Audi over a VW. Smiley Tongue 

None taken.  So would I! Smiley Wink You can't exceed 25% of your gross annual income.  And don't worry about asking.  I was the one to offer my help. Smiley Happy

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 71 of 897
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

I am getting a brand-new vehicle soon.  I have 804 FICO scores for both here.  I have no revolving debt, just a mortage.  That puts me at 37% DTI.  I do have previous auto loans on my history.  What are the chances of being approved at a reasonable rate?  I am concerned about my DTI and if I need a co-signer or large down payment.  Thanks!

Message 72 of 897
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

None taken.  So would I! Smiley Wink You can't exceed 25% of your gross annual income.  And don't worry about asking.  I was the one to offer my help. Smiley Happy

So wait...I'm confused. So do you mean that my total yearly payments can't exceed 25% of my annual income? Sorry if I seem remedial but I'm literally brand new to this whole thing. I have no clue how all this stuff works right now lol

And thank you for all your prompt responses, btw! 

Photobucket
Message 73 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

I am getting a brand-new vehicle soon.  I have 804 FICO scores for both here.  I have no revolving debt, just a mortage.  That puts me at 37% DTI.  I do have previous auto loans on my history.  What are the chances of being approved at a reasonable rate?  I am concerned about my DTI and if I need a co-signer or large down payment.  Thanks!

Don't worry.  You're a top tier buyer across the board.  If you're not going for special rates from the manufacturer you can expect something in the low 3% if you are 85% loan to value or high 3% low 4% in you don't have enough down to improve your equity in the vehicle.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Message 74 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

So wait...I'm confused. So do you mean that my total yearly payments can't exceed 25% of my annual income? Sorry if I seem remedial but I'm literally brand new to this whole thing. I have no clue how all this stuff works right now lol

Monthly.  If you make 2500 a month your payment can't exceed 625.

Message 75 of 897
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

Monthly.  If you make 2500 a month your payment can't exceed 625.

Ah, got it. Thanks!

Photobucket
Message 76 of 897
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpNComing wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to get some more feedback on this one please:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Interesting-situation-about-first-car-loan/td-p/1210871

I'm confused.  On this thread you said you have no negative marks on your reports.  Didn't you mentioned you have a paid collection from two years ago?

Paid collection?? Uh...I think you may be confusing me with someone else, haha.

Message 77 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpNComing wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to get some more feedback on this one please:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Interesting-situation-about-first-car-loan/td-p/1210871

I'm confused.  On this thread you said you have no negative marks on your reports.  Didn't you mentioned you have a paid collection from two years ago?

Paid collection?? Uh...I think you may be confusing me with someone else, haha.

Oops!  I did confuse you with someone else.  You're golden.  You'll qualify for Mits first time buyer program with no problem.  Call up Mits Credit and ask about their first time buyer program.  I can only speak for VW but from what I understand most of these programs prevent the dealer from adding points to the loan.  I'm sure if you ask that question you'll get a straight answer from them as well.

Message 78 of 897
MsTucker09
Regular Contributor

It is great that you work at a car dealership, I am thinking about getting the new passat, I absolutely love it!!! The retail is like $26,500.  I can possibly put down $8k cash and trade in for $2500.  My credit scores are upper 500s, but I will be paying balances off to raise scores.  What is the likelyhood of getting the price knocked down to like $23000 or $24, 000?? I really want this car but I want my payments to be less than $400.  Also what is the likelyhood of me getting approved for a loan. 

Starting Score: EQ 462 9/30/11
Current Score: TU 577 4/10/12 EQ 607 4/10/12 PLUS 627 4/10/12 Beacon 5.0 621 lender pull 4/13/12
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 897
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@MsTucker09 wrote:

It is great that you work at a car dealership, I am thinking about getting the new passat, I absolutely love it!!! The retail is like $26,500.  I can possibly put down $8k cash and trade in for $2500.  My credit scores are upper 500s, but I will be paying balances off to raise scores.  What is the likelyhood of getting the price knocked down to like $23000 or $24, 000?? I really want this car but I want my payments to be less than $400.  Also what is the likelyhood of me getting approved for a loan. 

Unfortunately MsTucker09, the 2012 Passat just doesn't have that much profit to negotiate a discount of that size.  Dealer cost on an MSRP of $26520 is $24929.  There are no cash incentives on the Passats at this time.  I'm sure you can find one for dealers cost if you are planning on financing though.  Good luck!

Message 80 of 897
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.