Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't need a Co-Signer!!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I don't need a Co-Signer!!

At the age of 17 I started to establish credit in many ways. Such as applying for credit, got co-signed by a guardian, paying off debt and kept high available balances. Since then my FICO score has skyrocketed to a point where I don't need anyone to co-sign for me.

Two days ago Hyundai approved me with the best interest rates. I was able to get Tier 1 credit offers. They Pulled my TU 750!

My first Auto approval at age 21! Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't need a Co-Signer!!

Congratulations! I know what a great feeling it must be! Now keep it up. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI to others reading this: 

The OP is not a typical story.

For the OP to have been approved with no co signer on the car, they did have one in the early period of establishing credit, which also gave them probably higher credit limits then most people at that age.

And regardless of the credit score, the OP had to have made enough money each month, gross to satisfy both the actual lenders criteria on income, and DTI when computing the loan.

It is still an achievement few can say they were able to accomplish, but I just have to add there is a reason everyone cannot do it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an FYI to others reading this: 

The OP is not a typical story.

For the OP to have been approved with no co signer on the car, they did have one in the early period of establishing credit, which also gave them probably higher credit limits then most people at that age.

And regardless of the credit score, the OP had to have made enough money each month, gross to satisfy both the actual lenders criteria on income, and DTI when computing the loan.

It is still an achievement few can say they were able to accomplish, but I just have to add there is a reason everyone cannot do it.

I'm just curious why you needed to add that little tid bit in about not everyone being able to get a car without a co-signer.... People can go into any dealership and find out for themselves first hand. I bought my first $22,000 car with only a 630 credit score making $1,800 a month at the time without a cosigner as well. Is this story not typical as well?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.