Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a Toyota Prius Two...

tag
KpMeth
New Visitor

I just bought a Toyota Prius Two...

After 2 months of car shopping, my car hunting has finally eneded last night.

2013 Toyota Prius Two with no option...yeah...no options...

(but standards are pretty decent thoSmiley Very Happy

Thing is this.

My Fico score came out to 712 according to the sales person and won't let me know the details.

So we were debating about my upside-down equity I have with my trade-in and just signed the paper.

My APR for Prius was 3.85

The deal was safisfied. The salesman was helpful enough and me and my wife are satisfied also.

But I still think that I could pull out better APR than 3.85 with my Fico score (I know its not great but its not bad either.)

What you guys think?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: I just bought a Toyota Prius Two...

I live out in MA do not know if that makes any difference but my cs is similiar to yours although the dealer did not tell me my cs but just around 3 weeks ago I purchased a 2013 camary se from a toyota dealership apr given 0.9 for 60 months no downpayment with trade-in 2008 corolla s.  Congrats on your new car you will save alot on gas!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I believe Toyota is doing 0.9% for up to 60 months in almost all areas on the Prius. If the score they pulled was really 712 you should have qualified. Always research a purchase and find out what APR deals manufactors are offering. I just got a car in Jan. and went in with my fico score printed out along with my credit report and told them to look it over and if you can't get me approved for the best deal which i knew the rates before hand that i was walking out. 

Since you signed the paper work there's really nothing you can do about it. Refinancing for a better rate might not happen either for a few years with negative equity.

Message 3 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Make large payments for the next  months. Then refi into a better rate from a CU.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

They are advertising 60 month 0% on all Prius models in CA right now

Message 5 of 6
Ditovera
New Contributor

I just purchased a 2013 prius persona edition as well, My fico here on the site is 690 EQ and 685 EX. I went to the dealership with a preapproval from USAA for $22000 at 3.49% apr. Negotiated price and along with my trade in which was worth about $10000 +$500 military rebate, asked him to pull my credit if toyota can beat USAA apr ( in july toyota had 0% for 60 months). So he pulled my credit and found it to be 635- auto fico which was considerably low...but i have never had an auto loan before. anyways went to their finance guy and he said he will get me 0% for 60 months!! So i took it ... total amount financed after rebate and trade in was $18005 for around $300 monthly.

its good to have CU/banks and dealership compete.....and also have some sort of dwn payment..and in your case i understand you were in negative equity so maybe rate shoppin with other Credit unions might have helped

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.