Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just saved 12% in 15 minutes

tag
Girac
Regular Contributor

I just saved 12% in 15 minutes

I refinanced my auto loan from Santander - 13.9% to DCU - 1.5% saving me a 12.5%. or 1000 in interest over the 2 remaing years.

If I known it was this easy I'd done a long time ago.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: I just saved 12% in 15 minutes

@Girac wrote:

I refinanced my auto loan from Santander - 13.9% to DCU - 1.5% saving me a 12.5%. or 1000 in interest over the 2 remaing years.

Congrats! I just got my DCU approval of refi as well. I went from Chase 7.49% to 1.49%. 

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 2 of 8
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Girac wrote:

That's a lot of money. Auto loans are very easy so long as you have things in order.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.. Good job!!

Message 4 of 8
Doodles
Established Member

Congrats!

Can you offer some insight into the process with DCU?  I need to refi my C1 auto loans in the worst way...

Were your low scores in the past due to BK?  What were your revolving balances when you applied (utilization) and how much equity did you have in your cars?

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 631
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
Girac
Regular Contributor

My scores were low through a divorce, high utilization and Iates , over the course of several years I have brought my score up from the 520 to 695 across the board. Once I reached that point I was in the market for a new/used car. I talked to DCU and since my score was greater than 675 they pre-approved me at 30K with 1.9 APR plus an additional .5 discount for direct deposit.

I didnt get the auto loan through DCU, the dealer gave me a better offer to use them.

Since I had a pre-approved app, I inquired about a visa, and got one at 7.5K with 8.5 apr and later on about refi my current car loan.

I did all this over the phone since I wanted to confirm that I did not want anohter hard pull. Everyone I talked to was friendly and helpful, nothing but a positive experience.

Good luck

Message 6 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Well done, that's putting money back in your pocket.

Message 7 of 8
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That's a nice jump in rate and savings!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.