cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm happy and sad all at once.....Successful Refi!

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I'm happy and sad all at once.....Successful Refi!

Happy first...
Jumped out of the garden for a day... got an offer from Alliant CU to refinance my car for a stupid low rate, AND they offered me an $100 deposit into my savings account if I took their offer.  I figured, hmmmm save interest money, get a hundred  for my savings, its all good.

So, I applied for their offer.  Got approved overnight.  so my car has now been refinanced from 3.75% to 1.4%. 

Sad now... Lexie is gonna tie me in the garden to keep me there...  But its okay...I like alligators...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm happy and sad all at once.....Successful Refi!

@codimom wrote:

Happy first...
Jumped out of the garden for a day... got an offer from Alliant CU to refinance my car for a stupid low rate, AND they offered me an $100 deposit into my savings account if I took their offer.  I figured, hmmmm save interest money, get a hundred  for my savings, its all good.

So, I applied for their offer.  Got approved overnight.  so my car has now been refinanced from 3.75% to 1.4%. 

Sad now... Lexie is gonna tie me in the garden to keep me there...  But its okay...I like alligators...

True Lexie can be "intimidating" at times Smiley Surprised BUT this was for a good cause......just bring a drink to the weekend social and promise to stay "planted"!!  Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Intimidating? Me? Never!
Leaving the garden for a good cause is always ok with me!

Congrats
Message 3 of 11
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Intimidating? Me? Never!

Congrats
Intimidating?  whew...well let me make it right-   I.N.T.I.M.I.D.A.T.I.N.G   that's more like it. Smiley Wink

Congratulations!!!
JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Even sweeter with Lexie's seal of approval. See you friday !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 11
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Intimidating? Me? Never!

Congrats

LOL I AM NOT arguing with that!!  LOL

Message 6 of 11
H4LO
Established Contributor

Your rate wasn't that bad to begin with, we're you trying to achieve lower payments?

But congrats.

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 7 of 11
Capya
New Contributor

Wow, that's a great rate!  And a $100 bonus to go along with lower payments?  It'd be silly not to take that.  Congrats, I guess I better look into Alliant now too... I'd let them pay me a $100 to drop my car payments by $10 a month....

Starting Score: 573 (Exp 10/12)
Current Score: 767 (Exp 6/13)
Goal Score: 700+ I Crushed it!!!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@codimom wrote:

Happy first...

Congrats on the great new rate. See you back in the garden Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
codimom
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:
Your rate wasn't that bad to begin with, we're you trying to achieve lower payments?

But congrats.

Sorry for the delay in responding.   Every so often, my 'reply' button disappears and the system complains about my older version of IE....

I did have a good rate... and honestly i was very proud of the progress I'd made to get that one!  but here is my thought process for going ahead with the refi...

1.  100.00 in my savings.

2. lower payment... which really isn't going to make much difference because I overpay the loans anyway so that I can

3.  pay it off faster Smiley Happy  I'll keep making the higher payments just to kill the loan faster.

I hate car payments....

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.