Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need HELP! Leased a VERY expensive car

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need HELP! Leased a VERY expensive car

I've never leased a car because I always heard it was a terrible deal...

Can you negotiate on leases? If so I certainly hope you did..

I have one of these cars though, a 2014. Not fully loaded but well equipped regardless. Smiley Happy

Got it for 460 for 60 months @ 6% with 10% down (Basically TTL+Gap Insurance)

In any case...Do you still like the car? Can you buy out the lease and finance what's left over at a good rate?

Message 21 of 23
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Bottom line, it's all math and personal choice at the end of the day.  If the OP can live with their decision why knock it.  I'm sure there are Hyundai and Kia drivers who see my 7 series and think "what a waste of money" but at the end of the day, it's my money my choice.  When I was young and "naive", I was taken by a slick talking salesman on a Nissan Pulsar back in my military days!  Talk about a few years of buyers remorse lol  So, OP, if at the end of the day you're able to enjoy your new car and can take a valuable lesson from this purchase experience into your next one--you've done well.  Good luck.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So Im 22. Recent college grad. Have good credit. I leased a 2015 Hyundia Sonata 2.0 TURBO FULLY LOADED.

Sticker was $36k.

I did 48 months at $520 a month.

Its a great car but Its so dang expensive and I wont even own it.

Residual Value is around $17K.

The BUYOUT Quote is something stupid like $35k.

I have $15K in savings. What are my options. Looked at a Honda civic SI but they wanted me to roll $12K into that purchase!?!? They were gonna give me like $20k for my brand new 2015 car that stickerd at $36k.

Ideas. Advice. LESSON LEARNED! NEVER AGAIN WILL I LEASE!

So... Not a chevy guy anymore?

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.