cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice for first time buyers!!!

tag
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need advice for first time buyers!!!

Your not going to get a instant approval you have no auto loan history your best bet is going to be dcu and telling them right away your a first time buyer and they will help you if that does not work out then your probably going to have to brave the dealership because believe me when I tell you Honda motor finance will give you a loan the just want the dealer to structure it with collaterel(vehicle) so they can take a look at the actual risk factor. 

They want to see everything laid out for a first time buyer income docs down payment  car and all before there going to do anything

Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ok that I did the DCU application online instead of in person?, I don't have a convenient location by me
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes many of their customers are in other states, including me.
Message 13 of 16
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Loan to Value needs to be w/in 100% for best approval odds. Use wholesale value.

Payment should be 15% or less to your gross monthly income.

Vehicle within 5 years old, under 75,000 miles.

Just go to a dealership and get it refinanced or ask for an option contract..

KB

Finance Mgr. at American Brand Auto Dealership

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved through chase bank for 18,000 for a 2013 Honda Accord 302/month at 7.78 interest rate....idk how Good or bad this is...the finance lady said I'm not got gonna find anything better because of my student loans and income, this is after she told me I didn't get approved for anything initially...I'd also like to talk down the interest rate too but these people can be so stubborn
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I went to another Honda dealership could I request to get a loan through chase and see if I could get a better rate through that dealership?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.