cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need an auto loan, but I have a low income.

tag
ShinBeats
New Contributor

I need an auto loan, but I have a low income.

Looking for a car that's 10-12k, my Ficos are all above 630, but I can't verify income of more than $800 a month..

Who would finance this car for me..?

09/26/2010
EQ: 634

08/28/2014
EQ: 652
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need an auto loan, but I have a low income.

@ShinBeats wrote:

Looking for a car that's 10-12k, my Ficos are all above 630, but I can't verify income of more than $800 a month..

Who would finance this car for me..?

No one. A $800 a month income would be about $650 after tax. a 12K car would be about $600 a month. The numbers do not work.

I assume your non verifiable income is much more? If so you may need a co signer or to have someone to purchase the car for you (straw deal).

Message 2 of 31
ShinBeats
New Contributor

I mean, I'd obviously apply for generous months. The way I had it calculated out at 60-72 months, my payments would be less than 300 a month. The 800 is after taxes.

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 3 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ShinBeats wrote:

I mean, I'd obviously apply for generous months. The way I had it calculated out at 60-72 months, my payments would be less than 300 a month. The 800 is after taxes.

correct 12k would be between $260-325 for 60 months based on interest rate.  Most time car dealerships do not ask for income verification but if you tell them $800 you are never going to get approved.

Message 4 of 31
ShinBeats
New Contributor

Well I do tell them more than that >_>;; but they always want verification since I don't have the best credit score.

When I pay off my cards come march, my score calculator said my scores would be around 670-690, do you think I should just wait until then, when it'll be less likely they need income verification?

09/26/2010

08/28/2014
Message 5 of 31
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@ShinBeats wrote:

Well I do tell them more than that >_>;; but they always want verification since I don't have the best credit score.

When I pay off my cards come march, my score calculator said my scores would be around 670-690, do you think I should just wait until then, when it'll be less likely they need income verification?

Someone just posted this article over in Credit in the News that might be relevant to your situation.  It's an older article, but perhaps still valid.

Lying on a Car Loan Application Is a Bad Idea

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShinBeats wrote:

I'm fairly certain that you'll need to verify your income no matter what. And, as the previous posters have mentioned, lying on an application for credit is not going to end in good things for you. Even if you got the car, which I seriously doubt, it'd likely end up reposessed.

How much cash do you have saved towards a car purchase?

Message 7 of 31
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you mentioned that you cannot verify income of more than $800. Does that mean you have more income you aren't willing to verify?

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

people I am so sorry I have no idea where I got $600 on a 12K car From. Was completly sober. i am thinking I had a small stroke.

Actually I probably just got my numbers confused that the 800 in income would be @ $600 after tax and the car payment and insurance would be close to $400- but anyway.

The fact of the matter is 800 in income is not enough to support a loan. You need to consider other options, do you have other non supportable income?

Message 9 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Car Max did not ask for income verification

Capital One did not ask for income verification either

and Nissan/Infiniti does not usually ask

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.