Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a car

tag
Letty

I purchased a car

Good morning 

I filled bankruptcy an received my discharge letter on dec 19. We needed a second vehicle so we went to bob baker Toyota they told me I got approved for a 2012 vw passat high apr of course cause of bankruptcy I drove out the dealership on my new car. Now is Tuesday and I keep getting alerts of hard inquires still being posted on my credit report does that mean they still haven't find me a bank? I sign a contract an I purchase a new car insurance and asked them if I was approved cause I didn't wanna spend  $$$ for the insurance then have them take the car back due to not finding a bank theta will finance me. Should I be concern? Will they ask e to give the car back?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jdeleon
Established Member

Re: I purchased a car

It is possible that the inquiries were just delayed in hitting your report and are just now starting to filter through OR they are still shoping your loan around. In either case, it wouldn't hurt to call the dealer to confirm or call the loan company on your contract and confirm that they still have/approved your loan.

Message 2 of 5
Letty

Thanks for your fast response. I just finished talking to the dealer they r still shopping around they said to give them all call back on Friday. I asked them what r the chances of them taking the car back he said he's been doing this for so many years he said not to worry he will get me finance. ( of course he's not going to tell me to worry) ugh this will be so stressful until Friday. Hope they find a bank to finance me.
Message 3 of 5
jdeleon
Established Member

Did you sign a contract when you drove the car home? probably not.. The last thing you want to do is drive a car off the lot that has not been approved and locked in with a finance company. At this point the dealer can essentially tell you to return the car anytime and you will be out any money already paid for your insurance for example. OR they may change what was agreed to as far as the apr/price/down payment when you were there in person. 

Not sure what your options are at this point but i hope all goes well and good luck!

Message 4 of 5
Letty

Thanks we'll as of now I'm going to enjoy the car and hope for the best. I gave 500 doll down but gave them a post dated check for the 16th. I did sign what they told me would be the "contract" and they wen told me the name of the bank. Happy New Years I'll update on Friday see if I stay with the car. Happy New Years!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.