Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really need help with this

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

I really need help with this

I know I mentioned this before but I really need help on this.

I am still trying to help my father get a car. He has decided to get something much cheaper. He is looking to spend less than $14000. He has $4000 to put down. He also is still in chapter 13 and he has another 2 years before its over. 

I called the salesman and he said my father can come to the dealer and they can get some prices together. They will give him the interest rate and everything and he will have to send that paper out to the judge to see if he will approve it. 

Will the dealer need to run my pops credit in order to do this?Will letting the dealer run his credit be wise? He's not gonna buy until april 12, but we are going up to the dealer this saturday march 29, so we can try and get this moving since it can take 2 or more weeks for the judges approval. 

Here is a link to my previous post where i have all his financial info.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Will-my-dad-qualify-for-a-new-car/m-p/2871559/thread-id/3...

I really don't want him to pay a lot if he can help it plus he can't read so I have to do the reading. That's why I keep posting about this. I know you guys and gals are experts and I need all the help i can get.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: I really need help with this

I think it'll be fine. The dealer of course has to run credit. It'll create a bunch of inquiries, but shouldn't hurt THAT much. If there was a mortgage app upcoming or something, I might be more worried, but that can't happen for a few years after BK anyways.

Make sure you negotiate the price of the car itself well. Dealers often make subprime people overpay, negotiate well and hard. That 4k down payment will definitely help get this deal closed. Just be mindful of price and don't worry too much about the inevitable inquiries unless there's a particular reason you're worried about the dealer checking credit.

Message 2 of 3
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: I really need help with this

Okay, well thats good to hear. My father's home is paid for though. I just thought that since he isn't going to purchase until the 12th that if they run his credit now it may keep him from getting a loan. I know dealers like to run lots of inquiries. He already has 3 lol.

Thanks for your response.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.