cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to refinance my truck using my equifax score.........

tag
steelersco
Valued Member

I want to refinance my truck using my equifax score.........

Can someone please help me,I want to refinance my truck,i am currently with drive financial  they are a consumer finance company and i am tring to get away from this 22.99% apr,my equifax score just shot up yesterday to a amazing 739 with only a few late payments from a old car loan from 1995.

I just tried to apply online with Patelo credit union and was declined,who gave me credit said they were pulling from equifax,but i think they pulled from experian which is my lowest score @ 624 with 1 collection and 3 semi baddies,experian is the only one showing this because they refuse to delete anythingSmiley Mad

My transunion is my second lowest@630 with 2 baddies,i am tring to find loan company who pulls equifax,im looking for the lowest apr i can find,if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

Creeping back on a come-up.....TU-630........EX-624........EQ-739.........
Creditscore was down,but now its wayyyyy up.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: I want to refinance my truck using my equifax score.........

If you are clean on your Equifax, util <25%, newest account over six months, and no recent inquiries, I'd go for Penfed and their nice rates. Other good places are NFCU and local credit unions. Most pull EQ.

Message Edited by erchambers on 07-03-2008 03:09 PM
Message 2 of 12
steelersco
Valued Member

Thanks,I Have1 inq and that was yesterday from roadloansand i am disputing that because they pulled my report without my permission
Message 3 of 12
steelersco
Valued Member

oh yeah i have a high usge on the one credit card i own
Message 4 of 12
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you should go talk to someone at a local CU. You might be able to find one at http://creditunionaccess.com/.
Message 5 of 12
steelersco
Valued Member

WELL I JUSTJOINED PenFed  and the lady told me they pull EQ so if i get  a great rate then i will try to apply for 1 credit card hopefully with 739 i get it, how do they count auto inqs i did all my shopping around today
Message 6 of 12
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Penfed is neat on INQs. They pull one when you join, then anything you apply for during the next 60-90 (no certain consensus) days will be considered from the same INQ.
Message 7 of 12
steelersco
Valued Member

Now thats my kind of company i should know if i qulify for the auto refinance and the credit card tomorrow i really hope i get that card so i can transfer my balance from Hsbc because have been real
#$@% as of lately they will not even give me a credit line increase with a 739 score oh well they have
help me to get my credit back on track when no one else would give me a card,

Do you know of any banks with the Amex logo who pulls EQ
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try AMEX Delta Sky Miles or Hilton Honors.
Message 9 of 12
steelersco
Valued Member

I will try hilton honors because i have a pre-approve letter from them,i was denied for my PENTAGON FEDERAL LOAN/CREDITCARD they say i have a recent or past deg on my equifax Smiley Sad which is some late charges on a old loan,i am going to send a reconsideration letter showing that the account is closed and was paid in good standards,i knew i should have waited before i applied.

I was thinking since my score is 739 i would make it,does anyone know how much my score might drop for being denied....hopfully not under 720.......
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.