Did you mean: 

In need of some auto loan advice please

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: In need of some auto loan advice please

@Gvalencia wrote:

It's a private owner...

Apologies, apparently my reading comprehension skills are not on par today.

In this case, I truly don't know. Most banks are REALLY picky when it comes to private owners. I'm vastly inexperienced when it comes to financing for private owner purchases.

I'd ask about personal loans at that point.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gvalencia wrote:

It's a private owner...

If I had to guess, I don't know if an auto loan would be likely then.  There are a couple problems here.  Obviously the previously discussed high mileage is one.  Also, it is very difficult to get an auto loan for so much more than the Blue Book value of the vehicle.  The reason is that you would immediately be upside down on the vehicle.  I would say a personal loan is about your only option in this case, and as FR said, it is just tough to get one for that amount.  Like he also said though, definitely ask around, especially with any bank(s) you already have a relationship with.  Good luck.

Message 22 of 28
Gvalencia

I can have 2k in 1wk.

Message 23 of 28
Gvalencia

Thank you sir

Message 24 of 28
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

If your credit report is cleaned up then you may want to look into one of the peer-per lending sites (Prosper or Lending Club) for a personal loan. I don't believe either one is going to approve you for the full value of the car but you can get a majority of it and put the rest down in cash or a loan from another source (The Bank of Mom & DadSmiley Tongue

I suggest the peer-peer lending because without an established relationship and a solid credit history a personal loan from a financial institution is going to come at a really high price. And with the hurdles of vehicle mileage / age / and private seller it seems as if an auto loan is going to be a major challenge. You may be surprised by the peer-peer option. I went through Prosper and although I would consider myself less than prime I was an A rated borrower and got a very reasonable rate for a personal loan.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 28
Gvalencia

Good to know. Thank you very much!

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check these guys out.

http://www.blueyield.com/

TBC

Message 27 of 28
Gvalencia

Thank you. I'll give them a shot

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.