Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In reviewing my CR i noticed this...

tag
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

In reviewing my CR i noticed this...

Can someone explain this and how I can fix it. I copied the section on my CR from our previous auto loan that was paid in full last spring. It states (0) 30 day; (0) 60day; (0) 90 day but in the current status it says Not more than two payments past due. The balance is listed as $0 and it shows up as a flagged acct (neg). SO what do I do??

Auto
$19,550
(72 Months)
Installment
Joint
$367
Auto Financing

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Not more than two payments past due
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Recent payment history [?]4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 
OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: In reviewing my CR i noticed this...

Was the account actually ever past due?  If not, and you are certain of that, contact the lender and ask them to remove the comments.  You could also do this through a dispute with the CRA's, but going to the lender can get it straightened out.

If you know that in fact you actually were 30 days past due at some point, don't touch it.  You are not taking the hit in the 30/60/90 days late calculation.  It is that count that matters.

Message 2 of 7
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

I never paid late. At the very end of the loan I recieved the notice that the acct was maturing and there was a small balance due...maybe 1.5 months of payment. I called because I didn't have the full lump sum to pay so I called and was told that as long as I made payments each month until it was paid in full I was all set. The last payment I made was for $415. I'm wondering if that's why. Did they report it as past due in the final payment? So if it shows up with "0" lates in the 30/60/90 is it not really affecting me negitively? I'm going to be car shopping soon and trying to be in the best postion....I don't want to make it worse.

Message 3 of 7
Valued Contributor

I would leave it alone.  You were technically late and if you bring it to their attention, they will likely update that 30/60/90 count to show at least one payment and that will hit your score harder than the comment.

I understand they told you that it was "okay" to keep paying until paid off, but that is still a late payment in bankers' eyes -- they are just not going to hassle you about it.   

You could try to goodwill off the comment, but I'm afraid they would simply add the 30 day late to your late payment count. If it were me, I would just leave it be.

Message 4 of 7
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I'll leave it. Lesson learned...I specifically asked when I called regarding the acct. if it would be considered a late payment...So even if it's flagged on my CR as a negative acct. does it not affect me negitively (or as bad) because it doen't show up late in the 30/60/90?

Message 5 of 7
Valued Contributor

I don't believe that comment is hurting your score.  And upon manual review, an underwriter might see that comment, but then look at the 30/60/90 count and see all zeros.  They would just move on at that point.

Honestly this isn't going to affect your getting another loan if your scores and income qualify.  Sometimes poking the bear can make things worse off than before (like a brand new updated 30 day late).  On this one I think discretion is the better part of valor.

Message 6 of 7
ineedadvise
Regular Contributor

Thank so much for all of your advise. My scores are 652EQ, 663TU, 650EX so not great, but...my income is just under $50,000, same employer for 15 years. I'm hoping to get them all over the 660 mark by the end of the month with the last payments I made. I'm obsessing, like I did before we bought our house, about everything~ I just hate having to go to the dealership knowing I have lates from some of my accts...next time I need a new car I hope to have GOOD credit and be one of those people in the commercials~ lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.