Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income verification

tag
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Re: Income verification

Thanks MattH--you are so right!  The trouble is I have 4 kids in college out of state and a total of 4 vehicles already (all paid for).  My car insurance is horrendous.

We got into some trouble a few years back when my husband lost his job--forclosure and lots of late payments and medical collections.  We have made great strides (thanks to this board) and are dealing with our finances in a much better way.  I feel like we are on the right track--4 years or so and most of the negatives will drop off. 

It is tough to save with all of the college expenses.  I will say that we have very little debt at this time and all of the negatives are paid (from before I knew about PFD's!)  There is light at the end of the tunnel....!

Message 11 of 12
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

Re: Income verification

I am self employed and I was sure that I was going to be asked for Income verification when I purchased my car this week, but I wasn't. My TU is 670 and EQ is 650 (lower because a good line of credit from HSBC doesn't /won't report this particular account  to EQ for some reason). In any case I have no "baddies" but my util is 75 percent which keeps my score down. The financer never asked for it though, he said my credit was "fine". He said since I have lived in the same place for 11 years , same employment for 11 years, and a previous car loan paid in full never late plus a note loan PIF never late and the 4k down was a safe risk for the bank. I still can't believe it actually, I just thought these days no bets are safe to banks. When I went to get insurance for the car, my agent switched me to Allstate and got me a better rate for my new car plus my old car based on my credit as well. He said my credit was very good. He said 60 percent people in this nation have a score of less than 600, I wasn't too sure about that, but then again, he's looking at this stuff al the time; everyone with a car has to be insured. Curious, that. . .
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.