Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infiniti Q50 Premium W/Navigation Lease

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Infiniti Q50 Premium W/Navigation Lease

Offered $1k down $325 + tax for 39 months 10k miles.

Sounds pretty incredible to me!

Also was looking at the Nissan Altima 3.5 fully loaded but that came in $350/month with $2k down!

The debate now is lease or purchase... If purchase, Nissan has 0% for 72 months and it's a $33k car instead of Infiniti that is over $40k.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Infiniti Q50 Premium W/Navigation Lease

If you have a business, the lease will be a better option.  But it will all come down to your needs.  The purhcase also sounds like a good deal..

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The debate of lease vs purchase is a complicated one. The knee jerk reaction for too many people is that you never own the car when you lease so a purchase is better. But it's really not that simple. When you lease you are paying for the expected depreciation for the term of your lease. But the reality is you do the same when you purchase. Purchase a car for 3 years and when you trade it in you'll be paying for depreciation too. The difference is, when you lesae the depreciation is a known factor. When you purchase it's anybody's guess what that number will turn out to be. If the car is actually worth more than the guess on the lease you can actually purchase the car at the end and still make that money. But if it's lower than expected you just walk away. If you purchase and the car depreciates more than expected, you lose more. 

And you don't have to actually buy the car at the end of the lease to take advantage of less depreciation. You can just trade it in and get the extra value on your trade. But right now dealers don't have enough used cars to sell. So companies are being very agressive on their lease terms in an effort to make more cars available 3 years down the line. That lease on the Infiniti sounds very agressive and I think it would be foolish to pass it up with the regular caveats about leasing. 

Those caveats are mileage, wear and tear and modifications. 10K per year mileage is OK if it suits your lifestyle. But what happens if you change jobs and have a longer communte than you have now? Do you have kids? That can hurt when it comes to wear and tear. Do you like to modify your car? If so, you don't want a lease. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you decide to lease, dont forget to get the gap insurance.  I never leased before but i know if you go over your miles on the terms, there are high fees which you're covered for with that insurance.

I personally wont lease, i like to own my car instead of paying to drive a car and never own it.  If you buy, make sure to buy a car that holds the value even after years have passed and even with high mileage (mercedes, BMW etc).  Definately feels good to not have a car payment.  My wife and I paid off our cars last year so that we could buy a house and it just feels great not to have debt.

have you thought about saving THEN buying cash? or putting down a big payment?  The car you love now might be cheaper a couple or few years from now (if you're willing to wait).  I bought my 2006 Nissan Altima SE-R with 34k miles at $17K, car now has 150K miles and no big issues whatsover.  

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Gap insurance is for if the car is totaled.... Has nothing to do with going over miles on lease or wear and tear
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, maybe i misundestood...sorry about that!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh ok, maybe i misundestood...sorry about that!

Hey, we all learn something everydaySmiley Happy...

Message 7 of 10
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Sounds too good to be true. I was offered $380 a month for a $25,000 accord.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ando35 wrote:

Sounds too good to be true. I was offered $380 a month for a $25,000 accord.

Nope, that is about right.  I leased the 2014 Q50 Premium loaded with all the bells and whistles last year.  No money down and monthly payment is $359.  So what he is quoting is right.

I went through a broker though not a dealer directly.

Message 9 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

try to get rid of that 1k down and its an amazing deal! either way still a pretty darn good deal
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.