Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries when looking?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries when looking?

There is no other number but the main one...  Ask for a supervisor. May have to be stern and persistent.

Customer Service is taught to help the customer. 

Go for it! 

PS I got denied for my Personal Line of Credit by their computer system. 

I emailed my recon.. and it is approved.. just not sure on the amount. 

Neveh Quit.. rebuilding credit is a lot like LOVE ... its an action verb.... not a feeling and not luck. 

You have to reach for it.  

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck......I spoke to a very nice young lady that said that even with disregarding my one acct in collections,bc I explained the situation to her and told her I have disputed it...she said the LO still denied bc of a thin file. Oldest acct only 1 yr old. Darn it! Any suggestions who I should try for my 3rd card or should I just wait it out?
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im sorry for the outcome. 

Did you get a supervisor? 

The one person on the PenFed thread had to call 3 times to try to get a denial overturned. 

Maybe try again via email that way it would go back to someone other then the front line CSR. 

Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was. I explained why I was calling. She said she was looking at my app. She said it was denied automatically by their computer system. I explained the acct in collections. She said it looked like I met their lending criteria. Asked to put me on a brief hold while they review my report. About 5 mins later she came back on and said that the LO disregarded the collection acct but unfortunately it was still denied bc there isn't enough accts or history to make a qualified decision.
Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was. I explained why I was calling. She said she was looking at my app. She said it was denied automatically by their computer system. I explained the acct in collections. She said it looked like I met their lending criteria. Asked to put me on a brief hold while they review my report. About 5 mins later she came back on and said that the LO disregarded the collection acct but unfortunately it was still denied bc there isn't enough accts or history to make a qualified decision.

Well I would say stay with them .. and after 3 months app again.  

Especially if you see a spike in your scores. 

Do that thing that Baller sent you in regards to the medical. 

Once you get those to disappear I would try again in 3 months ... 

I still think you are going to be super happy with them once you get some credit with them. 

Was that just with the credit card or was that also with the car loan? 

Because car loan is secured... so you may have a better shot.. and again most likely on the same pull .. not always. 

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...that was just for the CC. I'm kind of pumping the breaks on the car thing I guess. I was really gung-ho for a few weeks but never found THE ONE....so I figured I wasn't meant to be right this minute. I'm so frustrated with myself tho for applying for the Promise & Cities card and coming up empty. 2 hp's the I sure didn't need....smh
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called the EO and spoke to a nice lady that let me do a bit of explaining and........begging? Lol....well, she told me that she would look into it and do what she could. That doesn't sound too promising but hey, I guess it was better than a flat out no.
Message 38 of 39
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It is better than a no. You never know what can happen, and it didnt hurt going this route.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.