cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Loan affecting FICO Auto score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment Loan affecting FICO Auto score?

Just got my Alliant SSL installment loan since I have zero others reporting, waiting to see it report next month and see how it affects FICO 08.

Do installment loans also help or hurt FICO Auto lending credit scores?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installment Loan affecting FICO Auto score?

An installement loan is always a good thing unless it messes up your debt to income ratio.  Most that use these loans to bump their scores pay back 90% or so of it in the second payment so they get the maximum bump, an installment loan that is far under its max.  The postive installement history will help with car loans for sure, not sure just one month is going to be all it takes though  because everything in FICO scoring values time.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Installment Loan affecting FICO Auto score?

I figured as much.  I don't own a car and don't want a car ever again in my life (Uber/Lyft is WAY cheaper than car ownership where I live, WAY WAY WAY cheaper) but I have a friend who is rehabbing their credit who is currently paying a ridiculous 20.4% interest rate on their hunk of junk and I'd like to see them able to get a better car at a lower rate in the next 3-6 months.  

Appreciate the response!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.