Regular Contributor
whodatnation2

Insurance question.....

I am going to buy a house in the next few months and was wondering......when I shop for home insurance does it ding my credit (is it a hard pull) and is it the same for auto insurance or are they all just a soft pull?

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Revelate

Re: Insurance question.....

whodatnation2 wrote:

I am going to buy a house in the next few months and was wondering......when I shop for home insurance does it ding my credit (is it a hard pull) and is it the same for auto insurance or are they all just a soft pull?

Varies state by state; CA they aren't allowed to pull my credit period, I'm not certain about Texas in your case (from your other post) but it's worth looking into.  It almost assuredly wouldn't be a soft-pull unless you already had a relationship with the company in question.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
groovy27

I am an insurance agent in NC- the companies we work with only do soft pulls.  I know  not only because that's what they tell us but because I have done them to quote my own insurance. :smileyhappy:  But just to be safe check with the insurance agent pulling your credit. They should know. Hope this helps!

pizzadude

Homeowner's and Auto Insurance should always be soft pulls ~ but I'd go ahead and ask just to be certain.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+