Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 2.29% really 2.29%

tag
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Re: Is 2.29% really 2.29%

Ok I just did the math and it should be $804.60. Perhaps the first number they gave you was a rounded figure (rounded up from 804.6 to 805) but I have no clue where they got the 805.35. Sorry for all the confusion!!!

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 11 of 21
Jb11
Established Member

So if I am understanding this correctly they ARE charging me higher monthly than they should?  What Can I do?  I tried to talk with the bank but they are saying that's the monthly figure $805.35.

Message 12 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Jb11 wrote:

So if I am understanding this correctly they ARE charging me higher monthly than they should?  What Can I do?  I tried to talk with the bank but they are saying that's the monthly figure $805.35.

You should be paying more than the minimum anyways. I wouldn't worry about the $1.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 21
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

I personally wouldnt go through the hassle of arguing a difference of less than 1$, but that is totally up to you. I believe the difference is probably caused to some difference in the loan amount, possibly some hidden fee from the dealer or random finance charge rolled into the loan....who knows.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 14 of 21
Jb11
Established Member

Yes, I agree it isn't worth the hassle.   I am going to pay more than the min anyways.  I just don't like the idea of thinking maybe the bank or the dealership is doing one over on me or any other consumer.   Thanks all for your input and time.

Message 15 of 21
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

possibly, time from closing to first payment, interest accrued to make the loan amount actually higher.

math is sorta my thing

Smiley Tongue

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 16 of 21
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

The loan officer couldn't tell you why ? Interesting. Does sound like the bank is trying to pull a fast one on you with a some hidden fee somewhere & knows you won't do anything over a dollar. I would though if I was bored enough.

Message 17 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

possibly, time from closing to first payment, interest accrued to make the loan amount actually higher.

math is sorta my thing

Smiley Tongue

+1

I am thinking something along those lines as well. You are accruing about $3 per day of interest at the start, so if your first statement cuts about 20 days after close. You would end up with a monthly payment about $1 higher than simple calculations would yield.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 21
awal
Regular Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@oscar_actuary wrote:

math is sorta my thing

Smiley Tongue

+1

I am thinking something along those lines as well. You are accruing about $3 per day of interest at the start, so if your first payment is about 20 days after close. You would end up with a monthly payment about $1 higher than simple calculations would yield.

That seems like the most logical thing to me. My last auto loan had a "grace" period of about 45 days, during that time I couldn't make a payment and interest was still accruing.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 19 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@awal wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@oscar_actuary wrote:

math is sorta my thing

Smiley Tongue

+1

I am thinking something along those lines as well. You are accruing about $3 per day of interest at the start, so if your first payment is about 20 days after close. You would end up with a monthly payment about $1 higher than simple calculations would yield.

That seems like the most logical thing to me. My last auto loan had a "grace" period of about 45 days, during that time I couldn't make a payment and interest was still accruing.

Not much of a grace period...lol

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.