cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 3 months enough time for a new car when buying ahouse?

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Is 3 months enough time for a new car when buying ahouse?

My auto lease expires on Nov 10, 008. My wife & plan on getting into a house at the end of our rent conatract Feb, 28, 2008. If Iease another vehicle in Novemberr would that have a negative impact on my credit so much that I wouldn't be able to qualify for a home. We are planning on going FHA and all our scores are between 658-717. If you were me would you get the lease or wait until you closed on the home.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Is 3 months enough time for a new car when buying ahouse?

BUMP! DOn't know whay this was moved from Mortgage.....any suggestions on my question?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know this as well.  I want to buy a new car.  I currently have a lease that I want to trade in for a new car but first want to see what the affects on my credit is going to be.  I am going to be paying down all of my credit card debt within the next 6 months, but the amount of the lease is going to go up about 4 or $5000.  I know initially my scores will go down, but will they go up to what they are now by November or December of this year if I pay off 7k worht of CC debt?

Sorry to hijack your thread.....

Thanks,
Johnny V.
Message 3 of 5
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

i would wait 6 months to a year before or after you buy your house.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- I agree
Avoid making major changes or applying for credit prior to a mortgage. 

shyboy wrote:
i would wait 6 months to a year before or after you buy your house.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.