cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 640 good enough for auto loan approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is 640 good enough for auto loan approval?

My car dellership told me that they look at my equifax score which is 640. Do u think that is high enough for getting a car?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is 640 good enough for auto loan approval?

@Anonymous wrote:

My car dellership told me that they look at my equifax score which is 640. Do u think that is high enough for getting a car?

for sure, the rate will depend on past auto experience, what brand car you are looking at, etc.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OP,  I have created your own thread for your question, I changed the title and left everything else intact. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple answer is yes 640 is good enough but of course you have to have income to support the payment and the APR is not going to be steller.  I suggest getting prequalified with a credit union before you go shopping.  Having secured financing gives you the peace of mind to negotiate a better deal, you can let the dealer try and beat that rate but if you go in without a prequalification you are at their mercy and they don't show much mercy, they tend to mark up the interest on folks with challanged credit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.