Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it time to Refi/Buy??/Close

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it time to Refi/Buy??/Close

My 2 year old payment finally aged to 2 years, and while i don't think it was much of a bump to fico8(around 5-12 points) my other version scores jumped big time. ex: fico5 jumped from 649 to 577. 

I know DCU pulls fico 5 and i would qualify for their "good" tier with that score, good for 2.74. Ill either be refinancing my car or purchasing a new car soon(technically ready today). The thing is, i have about 12 inq about to age to a year at the end of feb, currently my utilization is at 2%. 

Should i wait until my inquiries are all aged off, hoping that it could shoot me up into the next tier? My utilization definitely won't be 2% again for a bit, under 15% for sure, but 2% is far away from 15...

Basically, do you think my scores optimized with a 12% uti and 2 inquiries, all over 6 months. Or 2% and 14 inquiries. i know no one can FOR SURE answer this, just looking for guesses. 

Also, anyone had any idea if penfed would even look at me? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it time to Refi/Buy??

You posted this in the mortgage forum, needs moved to the auto loan section Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Already requested it to be moved to Auto  Loans

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone could actually close/delete this please. Moot point now since I got my loan already =) can't believe I posted in the completely wrong forum
Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

It happens, don't worry about it Smiley Happy

Congrats on getting your loan...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.