cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

tag
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

I keep seeing on their websites 710 TU or better for the best lease rates...not that I intend to lease and I heard elsewhere that Honda usually pulls TU.

If so, that's great because it's my highest score but can anyone verify that?

Additionally, do you think if I asked the finance guy to confirm, that he could tell me what credit bureau they will pull or would they look at me crazy? Thanks!

My EQ is 673 Smiley Sad but my transunion is 725 and who knows what Experian is...Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

when we bought our car, they told us what bureaus they checked & what the scores were, & if they were auto-enhanced.

Message 2 of 7
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

My car is leased through AHFC - yes Honda almost always pulls TU (and auto-enhanced), the dealer pulled TU (auto enhanced) as well for me . My auto enhanced score at the time was 712, 720 was the minimum at the time for top-tier financing.

Hope that helps - and yes, they will tell you who they pull usually.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
andre181
Established Contributor

I got a loan through American Honda in 2008, they pulled EQ for me

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 4 of 7
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

They pulled EQ on me too. They said they are phasing out the use of Transunion nationally and converting to EQ

Message 5 of 7
chopperacn
New Contributor

Got financed through Acura Financial Services very recently and they pulled only TU , here in NJ.

Message 6 of 7
Macbookguy
Established Member

On Friday (3/18) I bought a 2011 Honda Civic EX-L and financed through American Honda. They pulled Equifax. The finance manager told me that Equifax is the primry report that Honda is pulling now, however they will pull Transunion in some cases for verification or if you have a thin credit report with Equifax. I know they didn't pull my Transunion report at all because I have it frozen.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.