Regular Contributor
soliloquy

Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

I keep seeing on their websites 710 TU or better for the best lease rates...not that I intend to lease and I heard elsewhere that Honda usually pulls TU.

If so, that's great because it's my highest score but can anyone verify that?

Additionally, do you think if I asked the finance guy to confirm, that he could tell me what credit bureau they will pull or would they look at me crazy? Thanks!

My EQ is 673 :smileysad: but my transunion is 725 and who knows what Experian is...Thanks!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

when we bought our car, they told us what bureaus they checked & what the scores were, & if they were auto-enhanced.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Contributor
cdtotten

Re: Is it true that American Honda Financial Corporation pulls only the TU score?

My car is leased through AHFC - yes Honda almost always pulls TU (and auto-enhanced), the dealer pulled TU (auto enhanced) as well for me . My auto enhanced score at the time was 712, 720 was the minimum at the time for top-tier financing.

Hope that helps - and yes, they will tell you who they pull usually.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
andre181

I got a loan through American Honda in 2008, they pulled EQ for me

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Regular Contributor
soliloquy

They pulled EQ on me too. They said they are phasing out the use of Transunion nationally and converting to EQ

New Contributor
chopperacn

Got financed through Acura Financial Services very recently and they pulled only TU , here in NJ.

Established Member
Macbookguy

On Friday (3/18) I bought a 2011 Honda Civic EX-L and financed through American Honda. They pulled Equifax. The finance manager told me that Equifax is the primry report that Honda is pulling now, however they will pull Transunion in some cases for verification or if you have a thin credit report with Equifax. I know they didn't pull my Transunion report at all because I have it frozen.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}