Frequent Contributor
E150GT

Re: Is there a wait period before buying another car?

Just curious, is the other car for a significant other? Or just cause you want both?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $18k
EQ-742 EX-702 TU-737
Valued Contributor
Dustink

acleynes wrote:

I bought a Lexus in October 2011, a Honda in November 2011, and closed on a house in February 12.  It is possible, but I do not recommend it.

Buying the Lexus was quick and simple.  Buying the Honda was an all day spectacle.  The closing date for my house got pushed back twice and I even got my underwriter fired.

I was able to get away with it because of my 6 figure income.

Love to hear more on this.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink

For sure it is possible to buy two cars, just depends on your income.

The largest impact is the effect on your DTI. Being burdened by those payments causes the largest negative impact of your "credit". Not necessarily your credit score, but lenders opinion of your whole financial outlook.

Don't get in over your head.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+