cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a wait period before buying another car?

tag
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a wait period before buying another car?

Just curious, is the other car for a significant other? Or just cause you want both?

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 11 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@acleynes wrote:

I bought a Lexus in October 2011, a Honda in November 2011, and closed on a house in February 12.  It is possible, but I do not recommend it.

Buying the Lexus was quick and simple.  Buying the Honda was an all day spectacle.  The closing date for my house got pushed back twice and I even got my underwriter fired.

I was able to get away with it because of my 6 figure income.

Love to hear more on this.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

For sure it is possible to buy two cars, just depends on your income.

The largest impact is the effect on your DTI. Being burdened by those payments causes the largest negative impact of your "credit". Not necessarily your credit score, but lenders opinion of your whole financial outlook.

Don't get in over your head.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.