cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any such thing as 0% or 0.9% financing anymore?

tag
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there any such thing as 0% or 0.9% financing anymore?

If you know, for instance, you only want it sent to X bank, tell them. So like in the scenario above, when people tell me that, I don't actually pull their credit, I manually send it to the CU. I never see their credit report, and the CU sends me buy rate. Conversely, if you know you screwed over a bank, you might say"don't send it to X bank"

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JGGM wrote:

If you know, for instance, you only want it sent to X bank, tell them. So like in the scenario above, when people tell me that, I don't actually pull their credit, I manually send it to the CU. I never see their credit report, and the CU sends me buy rate. Conversely, if you know you screwed over a bank, you might say"don't send it to X bank"

Sounds like you do right by your customers.  Unfortunately many of your collegues have given the "finance guy" a bad name.  I suspect that the culture of the dealers leadership has a lot to do with the behavior of the finance managers.  I recently bought a car with cash for my daughter, I made the comment that cash transactions are nice and quick, the finance manager looked straight at me and said they were a waste of his time but something he has to put up with. I understand that the finance guy needs to make a living and is paid on commision but that dealer has lost me as a customer in the future for telling me I was wasting their time.

Message 12 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@JGGM wrote:

Sounds like you do right by your customers.  Unfortunately many of your collegues have given the "finance guy" a bad name.  I suspect that the culture of the dealers leadership has a lot to do with the behavior of the finance managers.  I recently bought a car with cash for my daughter, I made the comment that cash transactions are nice and quick, the finance manager looked straight at me and said they were a waste of his time but something he has to put up with. I understand that the finance guy needs to make a living and is paid on commision but that dealer has lost me as a customer in the future for telling me I was wasting their time.

Wow...how brazen was that guy! 

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't go back either.  That attitude is why F&I people have the reputation they have - I have experienced similar attitude but never had one so bold in his contempt. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently purchased a new car on 03/09 and got 0.9% for 60 months.  I went in with cap one rate of 2.49 % and the salesman asked if he could run my app through Honda Financial and when it came back with such a low rate I was very surprised and excited.  I love my new car..Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.