Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible? How?

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Is this possible? How?

My husband and I have a joint car loan. We want to refi it to only his name. Is this possible? If so how would this be done, changing the title to his name only or would that need to be done?

We basicly do not want an open car loan on my report right now, so I can get a car for myself.

We can afford 2 payments, but just don't want 2 open car loans on my report.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: Is this possible? How?

@fltn wrote:

My husband and I have a joint car loan. We want to refi it to only his name. Is this possible? If so how would this be done, changing the title to his name only or would that need to be done?

We basicly do not want an open car loan on my report right now, so I can get a car for myself.

I would think It shouldn't be too hard. Your husband would apply to refinance the car. Upon approval, the new finance company would pay off the current loan severing the ties with the old finance company, and the new company would put the name on just your husband's name, provided that his profile can support the loan on his own.

I could be missing something, but I am relatively certain this can be done

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 3
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this possible? How?

@IamB2 wrote:

@fltn wrote:

I would think It shouldn't be too hard. Your husband would apply to refinance the car. Upon approval, the new finance company would pay off the current loan severing the ties with the old finance company, and the new company would put the name on just your husband's name, provided that his profile can support the loan on his own.

I could be missing something, but I am relatively certain this can be done

Thanks for the reply. 

I think is should be easy to do, but just wanted to be sure before we apped for refi. No reason to waste INQ's.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.