Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its time for a new set of wheels

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Its time for a new set of wheels

@TheFate wrote:

I knew there was a reason why I loved this site so much! You guys are awesome!

I had no idea about Truecar, I just looked up the same Kia Optima I've been looking at near my house and found the same exact one for $4,979 dollars less than what the other dealer was offering. Do you think he would budge on a another thousand or two?

He's already offering me another incentive that the other dealer didnt which was a Lifetime Oil change which is unbelieveable and I'm thinking theres some sort of catch.

I need advice though, I was planning to purchase on Dec 6th once my Capital one card reported zero and my GE card reported 9% to get the best rate. But i'm noticing Kia's Customer Rebate offer for $1,500 expires Dec 1st. Do you think they will have another one or should I just purchase now so I don't lose that? I want to make sure I get the best APR rate as possible but also don't want to lose out on free money

Take the Lifetime oil changes, but it will be at the dealer's suggested intervals, don't read too much into it. If you switch to synthic after the first 3,000 or so miles, that is perectly fine to go 10,000 miles between FILTER changes.

The rebates will carry over because while sales are generally ahead of last year's pace and way ahead of where it was in 2008-2009, they know the reason for that is low interest rates and incentives.

If you get a loaded Optima get the UVO system, it's BOMB.

Also as I said take it for an extended test drive for a few days before making a final decision. The Accord is kinda bla, really there's nothing special about it other than growing in size over the years.

The Fusion is the sportier of the three by far. The hybrid can be driven on electric power alone if your careful with throttle input. That means short trips to the supermarket can be done completely on electric power, assuming your going less than 5-10 miles.

Also yes buy now if you want to buy because the Fed as already announced it's going to stop QE (money printing) and raise the Fed rate, which means getting less than 2% might be soon a thing of the past.

Interest rates need to go up to encourage saving, but means higher interest rates on car loans. So get the car now and then get a CD..lol 

Message 11 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

Whats the UVO system?

Yes, I plan on taking it on the extended drive.

The fusion is nice, but my sister said she drove it and it felt cheap when pressing on the throttle. Plus I don't really have anywhere to charge it at, not sure how that works but the 44mpg does sound sweet!

Do you think they will budge on 1-2k lower than the lowest price on True car? I don't want to piss them off and then they be like screw this guy lol

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should aim to do your deal end november, and ya I think you can get 2k at least off of truecar(shoot for 3k, and ask around)

, but you need to contact alot of dealerships and play each other, like a good friend told me, your not gonna get a good deal unless you walk out the dealership at least 3 times.  There might be some dealer incentive if they sell x amount of cars, so you might find a dealer willing to sell at almost no profit or a slight loss so they can make their bonus.  Also in the mean time try dcu with your scores you should be able to get sub 2%, if your reports are clean, dti is ok, and income is ok.

Message 13 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

My CU offers 1.74% at its lowest.. So I'm going to try them first.

Once approved thru the credit union how long is it good for anyone know?

Message 14 of 20
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

Whats the UVO system?

The fusion is nice, but my sister said she drove it and it felt cheap when pressing on the throttle. Plus I don't really have anywhere to charge it at, not sure how that works but the 44mpg does sound sweet!

Do you think they will budge on 1-2k lower than the lowest price on True car? I don't want to piss them off and then they be like screw this guy lol

https://www.myuvo.com/  Navigation with a twist  Felt cheap? That is a loaded repsonse and I could easily provide a loaded answer, best thing is to drive it yourself.

Changing the oil? Go to Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Riley's whatever and get the right oil (same weight, just synthetic). Go to the dealership and get a KIA filter unless you can get the proper WIX filter.

Go anywhere that changes oil, provide the filter and the oil (make sure you have enough), you just want them change it and dispose of the used oil.

How you going to piss a dealer off??? Just demand you want the car $1-2K from the Trucar price which is somewhere between retail and invoice.

Message 15 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

So i've been negoitating with several Kia dealers online and the best offer i've got so far is $31,100 + 9% state tax and 2% DMV fees which totals out the door for $34,521.

I'm still looking for a better deal but so far thats awesome because my orginal offer was 40k out the door. When emailing that orginal dealer and telling them about my new offer they said they will drop it from 40k to $35,800 but its still not as good as the 34,521

Message 16 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Dj4Money wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

Whats the UVO system?

https://www.myuvo.com/  Navigation with a twist  Felt cheap? That is a loaded repsonse and I could easily provide a loaded answer, best thing is to drive it yourself.

Changing the oil? Go to Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Riley's whatever and get the right oil (same weight, just synthetic). Go to the dealership and get a KIA filter unless you can get the proper WIX filter.

Go anywhere that changes oil, provide the filter and the oil (make sure you have enough), you just want them change it and dispose of the used oil.

How you going to piss a dealer off??? Just demand you want the car $1-2K from the Trucar price which is somewhere between retail and invoice.

Don't all the SXL Optimas come with the UVO navi?

Message 17 of 20
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Message 18 of 20
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

My CU offers 1.74% at its lowest.. So I'm going to try them first.

Once approved thru the credit union how long is it good for anyone know?

They should tell you how long you have.  I think when I got mine, it was 30 days...I don't really remember because I wasn't paying that much attention to that since I knew I was going to the dealership that same day.   But I can't see it being less than 30.

Message 19 of 20
TheFate
Established Contributor

I have to wait untill the 24th of this month to let my GE card report a 9% balance first. I really wanted to wait untill the 6th of Dec so my Capital one can reflect a zero balance but I'm struggling with no car getting back n forth from work to school so the 24th will have to do. Just hope it doesent prevent me from getting the lowest APR rate

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.