Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jeep Patriot and Capitol One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeep Patriot and Capitol One

Alright, I'm looking to get rid of my Dodge Durango for a new Jeep Patriot, looked into Capitol One and they did a blank check for 7.45%.  Do you think that is a decent rate or should i shop around more credit scores are 683/673/703.  I did have a debt management program but just finished it.  any suggestions on the jeep or rate?  Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Jeep Patriot and Capitol One

You might want to try a CU,  The INQ wont count if you are in the 2 week window for an autoloan.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is kinda high...you can probably do better with the dealership or of course a CU.
Message 3 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Yea keep shopping around...def try your credit union if possible! Good Luck! Make the dealer beat you either way! The idea is to get the lowest possible rate...good luck!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dealer will beat that hands down. I got 2.9%APR from BMW with scores 20pts less than yours. The best the CU might give you is going to be in the high 5%.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, do you guys think i should apply at the dealership or online through Chrysler Financial, I think the dealers have more options right?  I just called my credit union and they are faxing me the application, thanks everyone!
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Some dealers may get better rates at the CUs they deal with then you could get for yourself.  Not much mind you.  Maybe .15 or .25 perecent less.  As long as you are in the 2 week window, you should be fine.  The window seemed to work for me.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.