Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job History for auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Job History for auto loan

Getting ready to buy a car soon. VERY SOON

As i was getting ready to accept the dealers ridiculous interest rate financing.. i decided to give my Local CU a shot.

So I did... and under all of their requirements i met all of them EXCEPT ONE.

Job History.

But, how would they know??

Is this listed on my report??

And, they're only asking for 2 stubs...

You see.. i was self employed for a bit.. and it wasn't being reported as i did not hire myself under the LLC.

Could i just tell them i have been working for the required amount of time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Job History for auto loan

Lying on an application to obtain credit is considered fraud and punishable by a fine end/or jail time.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Did you claim you were an employee?  A bank or CU has the right to obtain verification of the income you stated on your application.  When I was Self Employed and did not have check stubs I was able to provide my CU with the first 2 pages of my prior year tax return and current bank statements showing the income and they were all good with that.  Have you asked them if bank statements and tax returns will work?

Message 3 of 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Between OP, myself and the lamp post 99% of banks don't follow up on stated references or information provided on the app. They only care if you make enough money to pay them.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately that is true, but, it's more about being honest and doing the right thing.

I'll tell you, if Santander is your lender, everything better be correct because they will definitely check.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.