Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Tenure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Job Tenure

With smaller banks I have had issues as I just started a new job making damn near double the money I was before in January. With MY bank, they didn't care so long as I could prove my income. Both of the cars I tried to get sold before I locked the deal up :rolleyes: but I got approved...twice. One with my past job (5 years on) and once with my new job with at the time (2 months on).
Message 11 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

I was told by a car salesman many years ago that, if a person have good credit, it doesn't matter how long they've been working.  He stated they didn't have to have a job.  But, someone with bad credit will have to undergo a little more strutiny. 

Message 12 of 13
BridgetM
Valued Member

I just went through this process about a month ago. I've been at my current job for 16 months now, had seven months of unemployment before that and seven months at the job from which I was laid off. My income is strong, debt very low and really all the bank was a bit muddy on was the number of addresses I had had previous to buying my home in July 2010.

Also, I went out for a mortgage four months after landing my newest job. Again, if you've got the paychecks coming in, banks seem to relax a bit.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.