cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John Oliver piece on car loans being the new mortgage crisis...

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

John Oliver piece on car loans being the new mortgage crisis...

When I first joined the forums, there seemed to be lots of questions as to how or why, people barely 5 minutes out of bankruptcy are getting credit cards, car loans,etc. I always sumed it up to creditors feeling that since you can't file again for the next 10 years, you own the debt no matter what. So sure !! We'll extend credit to you !! But it's gonna be a bazillion percent !! A friend texted this piece to me and I found it interesting so I thouoght I'd share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U2eDJnwz_s

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: John Oliver piece on car loans being the new mortgage crisis...

Good link!

It perfectly illustrates that when a loan is signed it creates an income stream for the lender.  No wonder the subprime lenders don't mind repo's - the more repo's they have on the same car, the more payment streams they generate.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't take 17 mins with this guy

Message 3 of 7
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You made all the way in the video to 17 minutes? ..... I made it just to the point of the canned laughter.  This guy has no clue.. sounds like he's trying to imitate Stephen Colbert's style.

Message 4 of 7
Ditovera
New Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You made all the way in the video to 17 minutes? ..... I made it just to the point of the canned laughter.  This guy has no clue.. sounds like he's trying to imitate Stephen Colbert's style.

Ignorance is bliss

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1:12 and hit stop.

That said the data is trending unfavorably that consumers are once again getting into car loans they have no business being in and the 30+ days lates are trending upwards.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

....double tapped

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.