Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Credit Union question

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Joining Credit Union question

Can i join a credit union that is not in my state of residence ? (if i meet the requirements to join them)

Will I be able to take a loan for a car in California if my residence is in Delaware ?

Do i need to apply for a loan at a branch or online it's possible to make everything? I ask this because i found a nice credit union but i will never be able to go to a branch, so i need to be sure i will be able to handle all my requests by phone / online

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Joining Credit Union question

Yes, you can join a CU not within your residency. People do it all the time provided they qualify.

You can app and finance solely online provided the CU allows it.

Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Joining Credit Union question

@pat0812 wrote:

Can i join a credit union that is not in my state of residence ? (if i meet the requirements to join them)

Will I be able to take a loan for a car in California if my residence is in Delaware ?

Do i need to apply for a loan at a branch or online it's possible to make everything? I ask this because i found a nice credit union but i will never be able to go to a branch, so i need to be sure i will be able to handle all my requests by phone / online

It depends on the CU. If your eligible to join via a different route then physical address in state then yes.

I love my CU (PSECU), If I wanted to drive 90 miles I could get to a branch but they are so convienent online and making deposits I dont think i'll ever have to go there in person.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.