Contributor
pat0812

Joining Credit Union question

Can i join a credit union that is not in my state of residence ? (if i meet the requirements to join them)

Will I be able to take a loan for a car in California if my residence is in Delaware ?

Do i need to apply for a loan at a branch or online it's possible to make everything? I ask this because i found a nice credit union but i will never be able to go to a branch, so i need to be sure i will be able to handle all my requests by phone / online

Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Joining Credit Union question

Yes, you can join a CU not within your residency. People do it all the time provided they qualify.

You can app and finance solely online provided the CU allows it.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Joining Credit Union question

pat0812 wrote:

Can i join a credit union that is not in my state of residence ? (if i meet the requirements to join them)

Will I be able to take a loan for a car in California if my residence is in Delaware ?

Do i need to apply for a loan at a branch or online it's possible to make everything? I ask this because i found a nice credit union but i will never be able to go to a branch, so i need to be sure i will be able to handle all my requests by phone / online

It depends on the CU. If your eligible to join via a different route then physical address in state then yes.

I love my CU (PSECU), If I wanted to drive 90 miles I could get to a branch but they are so convienent online and making deposits I dont think i'll ever have to go there in person.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+