Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement from 5yrs ago

tag
moonblue96
Valued Member

Judgement from 5yrs ago

I will be looking to apply for an auto load thru my credit union. How badly will a judgement against me from 5yrs ago in the amount of $440 be?

Can this be a deciding factor in getting approved?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
moonblue96
Valued Member

Re: Judgement from 5yrs ago

^bump^

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moonblue96 wrote:

I will be looking to apply for an auto load thru my credit union. How badly will a judgement against me from 5yrs ago in the amount of $440 be?

Can this be a deciding factor in getting approved?

It's impossible to say. It will depend on the lending criteria & risk modeling for your credit union. Is this your only derog? Is it paid? What are your scores?

Message 3 of 9
moonblue96
Valued Member

That's the only judgement. Collection of 147.00 back in 2004 and a paid off collection of 98.00. My CU pulls from Transunion and my score is 669. Just paid off a bunch of debt so I'm expecting an increase shortly.
Message 4 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

In my opinion, with one judgment and couple of collections with score at 660ish...the bank might reject it. However, every situation is different. What you should do is remove collections and a judgment off your reports. It might be easier than you think. You have to be persistent and patient. Patience pays off.

I had a 5 year old judgment of $830+ on my reports, and all those 5 years I never thought to look into it and to investigate it. I was just sitting on that judgment with my tail between my legs, thinking if it is a court judgment, then it must be right... and I couldn't be anymore wrong! Once I started to investigate, Ex and TRU removed the judgment without question. Only Equifax was giving me a hard time. I started further and more thorough investigation into the Judgment, and with help of internet and with help of this forum, I discovered the Judgment that was on my report was fraudulent! The bank that brought the Judgment on me 5 years ago was Cross Country Bank and it had violated consumers all over the country, many states have fined the bank for millions of dollars, as result, the bank has been closed down. On those grounds and more, my Judgment was removed off my reports.

Same with collections too, once I submitted a request, all were removed once and for all! There are many topics here and on internet on how to remove collections off your report.

I encourage you to remove all the negative items off your report before you apply. It could take 2 or 3 weeks to remove all that off your reports. It's really fast these days.

Best of luck!

05/09 EX-573, EQ-578, TU-587
05/10 EX-606, EQ-636, TU-715
Message 5 of 9
moonblue96
Valued Member

Ok I'm back. 

I got one of the collections taken off my report. I honestly did not realize how easy this process was…Score has jumped 10 points. Now I’m going to try a GW letter for the collection I paid off. So all I’ll have is a few late payments from 2005 and this dang judgement. Not looking to apply for a car just yet. I need to get a closed CC paid off then see where I stand.

Message 6 of 9
moonblue96
Valued Member

ok, Checked TU and now I'm sitting at 683. This is without the collection being taken off or me paying down some other bills, which TU takes a little while to update. So I should be nearing 700 club. Woo hoo

Message 7 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

Is this TU score is a Vantage Score by Trans Union True Credit, or by Fico for Trunsunion, or Transunionics of Transunion? I've been getting True Credit Transunion Vantage Score,- which is always higher because it has a higher scale up to 1000

05/09 EX-573, EQ-578, TU-587
05/10 EX-606, EQ-636, TU-715
Message 8 of 9
moonblue96
Valued Member

Fico scored purchased from this site.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.