cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for a Chase Auto Refinance Loan...

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Just Applied for a Chase Auto Refinance Loan...

I'm honestly not sure why I did this...Chase wont even give me a credit card let alone a car loan.  I thought maybe since I had a checking account with them it would help (plus it dropped the rate to 2.14%).  Do they use auto enhanced or just standard FICO scores for auto refinance loans?  Any idea who they might pull in WI?  I'm assuming all 3, but not sure.  Hate second guessing myself...this is gonna be a long 24 hour wait Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Just Applied for a Chase Auto Refinance Loan...

I applied a couple months back and was instantly declined! this was after being approved for my 3rd chase credit card!

Message 2 of 5
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I applied a couple months back and was instantly declined! this was after being approved for my 3rd chase credit card!

I'm just the opposite Creditaddict.  I cant get a Chase credit card for anything but they did approve my refi, a couple points higher on the interest rate though.  Not sure I want to stretch the payments back out to 60 months to save $55 a month.  I thought for sure with a BK they would decline me like they do for their credit cards. 

Message 3 of 5
trant3
Established Contributor

my brother has a 680 fico score and was declined by chase for auto refinance even though hes currently a banking customer.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4 of 5
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Some reason either of you are still messing around with the any of the six largest banks that ruined the economy? Then complain about Chase not approving new credit cards, car loans or refi car loans.

It's been proved time and time again around here, Credit Unions are the solution. They will approve you when others won't for some odd reason. I recently got a pre-approval from Cap One and the best thing about it is the low income requirements ($1,800 gross), the rest of it is wack. Saying they would give me anywhere from 17-25% interest.

It's obvious they are using my EQ and/or TU for these pulls. The Cap One could have been for the secured card I was approved for, but I got a similar pre-approval via a local Nissan dealer (this time its a Kia shop) and I am sure the terms are the same. They are no negative information in the last 24 months and no Cap One accounts in bad standing.

I talked to the CU's I am a member of  - Logix said 8.99 up to 60  months with a EX 630 score. SDFC with the same score said 6.56% for up to 72 months.

So why are you messing with Chase??? These banks don't care if you are a current customer, it's not a community bank, they don't know you, your are a number.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.