Valued Member
Siobhanmairead

Just approved auto loan on Saturday....how long should I wait to apply for a credit card?

Lender pull 1.12.13     616/637/647

I was approved 3 days ago for auto loan through Toyota Financial Services.

I received a score watch alert today that said my score increased 26 points.

How long should I wait to apply for a new credit card? I have heard horror stories of people being asked to return the vehicle because the deal feel apart. That's my biggest fear. At what point am I safe to apply?

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Revelate

Re: Just approved auto loan on Saturday....how long should I wait to apply for a credit card?

[ Edited ]

Siobhanmairead wrote:

Lender pull 1.12.13     616/637/647

I was approved 3 days ago for auto loan through Toyota Financial Services.

I received a score watch alert today that said my score increased 26 points.

How long should I wait to apply for a new credit card? I have heard horror stories of people being asked to return the vehicle because the deal feel apart. That's my biggest fear. At what point am I safe to apply?

I would get the car done first before applying; however, I *think* most of the horror stories come from dealer promises on financing, and that's not TFS (short-hand for Toyota Financial Services).

They aren't a captive lender, they're actually a seperate entity from Toyota Motor Sales (which manages the dealerships) and if you're approved the financing will come through in all cases I've read and even heard about second hand.

Disclaimer: I worked as a contractor at TFS HQ.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+