Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just went to the bank....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just went to the bank....

Be very careful though and dont let this daze get to you

the dealer will try to sell you another bank loan. just say NO. also make sure they dont run credit reports on multiple loans. they will make you sign a form about financing that should let you know that how many days they should contact you within if the loan falls for whatever reason. 

dont fall for the yo yo financing-where they will call you in a day or two or even 10 days later and say sorry your financing didnt go through, take a higher rate loan or give back the car. dont fall for that. 

insist that they go with your bank. also there is a form where you should make them write your bank name 

i just got a car and if i hadnt been careful i could have easily been suckered. even then these guys filled in a fresh application with my bank-i dont know if that is good or bad yet but it is showing as a seperate loan in my bank now. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it has been a couple of weeks now so I suppose an update is in order. To my knowledge everything has gone as planned. Dealer paid off the old auto loan with out issue and the new loan is reporting as it should at my bank. So a big Hooray from me, and large THANKS, for y'all. The only thing left unresolved is the paperwork for putting tags on the car which should arrive in the mail in the next week. I will limit my celebration to this, and finish when the state views the car as mine..
Message 12 of 14
MrNoCreditMan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
...and I think I may be dazed and confused. It was my CU that I've been banking with for a few years and have a current auto loan (dad co-signed) with and they pulled my credit then gave me a loanliner agreement and ultimately said go find your car and fax us a purchase order so we can cut a check. Does this mean I'm approved?? This probably seems like a ridiculous question, but I really feel like this can't be real, I mean I've worked hard over the past year. I have been following the moves dictated by the philosophers of the FICO on this board. I still feel like I'm dreaming though, what do I do now???
Message Edited by Not2Savvy on 12-18-2009 11:40 AM

I felt the very same way when my CU said I was approved. It's been years since I have heard that. So now I'm shopping around to get a nice car. I have a couple of appointments this weekend. So hopefully all works out. 

Message 13 of 14
MrNoCreditMan
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Well it has been a couple of weeks now so I suppose an update is in order. To my knowledge everything has gone as planned. Dealer paid off the old auto loan with out issue and the new loan is reporting as it should at my bank. So a big Hooray from me, and large THANKS, for y'all. The only thing left unresolved is the paperwork for putting tags on the car which should arrive in the mail in the next week. I will limit my celebration to this, and finish when the state views the car as mine..

Congratulations Savvy.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.