Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting denied for auto loan

tag
matthallis
Valued Member

Keep getting denied for auto loan

Heres a little background info on me. I am 19 making about 50k a year and was carrying a balance of about 15k on credit cards for the past 4-5 months because they are all 0 percent. I was still making big payments towards them for example , if my minimum due is 100 i would pay 500 that month on each card. Anyways i have about 19 inquiries on my report and been recently looking for a auto loan to help my credit report. I have the cash to buy the car i want myself but i want to do a loan and have an auto loan on my credit report. Today i payed off 15k of all credit cards bringing it to 0. Credit score as of 15k debt was 700-720 and only about 40% utilization. I was wondering who should i try to get an auto loan from at this point looking for a 20k loan.. im thinking of putting down like 10k. if it will help me get aprroved. I got denied by penfed cap1 sent me a preapproval of 2.35% but i dont like that you can only get a car from there certified dealers....Anyone know who i should apply for next?

Gardening as of 7/7/2013
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Keep getting denied for auto loan

How old are your inquiries? Were they related to applications for an auto loan or were they for credit cards?

Also, if you only paid off your CC balances today, you have to give it time to report to the credit bureaus before you will see your scores improve as a result of decreased utilization. If you are not in a hurry to get a car, I would wait until later this month to apply.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 2 of 4
Remember0
Valued Contributor

1) Wait for all the cards to update the lower balances. They should update shortly after your next statement that reflects the lower balance comes out (either by mail or online estatement).\

2) After that, apply to DCU. With a 675+ EQ FICO, they'll give you 1.74% for 65 months (1.24% if you move direct deposit to them).

3) What is your rent/mortgage? What are the aggregate minimum payments on your cards after the recent payments or are all your cards literally at 0? Any other loans?

Message 3 of 4
matthallis
Valued Member

My fico with all those balances are 720+ i applied now anyway will let you guys know how it goes

Gardening as of 7/7/2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.