Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Motors

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Kia Motors

Has anyone used Kia Finanancing lately they have some good promotions going who do they pull is it straight Fico or Auto Enhanced?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Kia Motors

I know from reading some threads that it seems to mostly be transunion but I'm not sure what type.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife financed a new Kia optima about a year and a half ago. I'm almost positive they use the auto enhanced. Her fico 08 scores were all in the 560-590 range due to medical collections. But her auto enhanced versions were much higher IIRC due to perfect auto credit history.

Her original loan amount was for $23k give or take after trade. The car we got for $19k with dealer incentives and she was around $5k in negative equity, and placed a $1k deposit.

Loan was $23k
Interest was 9.9%
Payment is around $430 per month.
Message 3 of 10
6speed8
Regular Contributor

I just got my 2015 Hyundai Sonata 6 weeks ago. Hyundai Capital but I just got copies of all 3 credit reports for my lawyer - doing a 1 year discharge follow up to make sure everything is gone. It shows as Kia Finance on one of the reports. I figured they're one and the same anyway. I had a $6000 down payment. Factory and "Hyundai financial" rebates totalled $4500 so it was a $10,500 down payment. No gap required since that's a big down payment. Gave me 4.9% and financing a total of $21,000 with interest where Capital One only pre-approved me for $16,800 total and would have been 3.9%. But had "Hyundai" not approved me, I'd have had to go for a lesser car but the payment would have probably been the same. I would have needed a $10,000 down payment all on my own to get the same car with Cap One. Experian was reading 650 on the fako-app but I assume my "auto-FICO" was higher than that. Discharged last June and my only debt was $4000 on credit cards so debt-to-income probably played a major factor also.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchased a 2016 Kia Soul a few hours ago.  They pulled TU for me and hubby.  I was primary since my scores are better.  1.9 for 72 months which is better than the 9.9 that I was paying on my 2014 Town and Country that I traded in. Also no payments until Oct!  

Message 5 of 10
whatdebt2014

Hi @lookingforhelp34

I'm currently car shopping and will be getting an Optima... with Kia's current promotion they will pay the first 2 months and then defer 3 months... do you know if there are any fees assosciated with the 3 month payment deferral? Thanks in advance... 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@whatdebt2014 wrote:

@Anonymous @Anonymous

I'm currently car shopping and will be getting an Optima... with Kia's current promotion they will pay the first 2 months and then defer 3 months... do you know if there are any fees assosciated with the 3 month payment deferral? Thanks in advance... 

They didn't mention any and there wasn't anything in the paperwork I signed.  

Message 7 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just purchased a 2016 Kia Soul a few hours ago.  They pulled TU for me and hubby.  I was primary since my scores are better.  1.9 for 72 months which is better than the 9.9 that I was paying on my 2014 Town and Country that I traded in. Also no payments until Oct!  

Thanks for the information, I am considering a Kia Soul EV in the next few weeks,

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 8 of 10
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deferred payments still mean that interest will accrue during the time period so your first couple of payments might all go to interest.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.