Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL @ CU refi offer

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

LOL @ CU refi offer

So got a  OP in/out snail mail from a local CU in town, they must of pulled my old car loan that I no longer have and they knew my current interest rate on it was 10.88% apr or something, they were so generous and offered me due to my good credit a 8.18 apr%...  LOL, shows you CU's can be greedy as well and just hope you byte for better then what you have...  My new Lexus is @ 3% apr%..   CU can be scummy as well, granted they would of saved me money if I had the same car and loan, but they certainly weren't giving me the best rate they could, just wanting a piece of the interest at a hefty rate as well.. I know one CU that I will never do business in town with cause of that sleezy tactic.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LOL @ CU refi offer

It is likely that they would offer a better rate with an official look at your credit and income.
Message 2 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
It is likely that they would offer a better rate with an official look at your credit and income.

Could be, just took it as an insult as they simply got a sp from my credit somehow and figured as I stated they wanted a piece of the pie and asve me a wopping 2.5$ or whatever...  It just appears to think they thought I was uneducated about my current credit which most people probably are..  Just seems like they were trying to help out and yet take advantage (make the most profit they can) at the same time.. As stated just from those tactics I would never consider this CU.. It is a local one, never ever even been on their website let alone applied for anything from them.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores average 750 and I still get offers for secured credit cards and predatory loans. Most of those SP credit offers are very outdated, especially for people who like us, who go on forums to maximize their potential for obtaining credit. They offered you a better deal than what they *THOUGHT you had, trying to obtain your business. 

I think you should not be so full of yourself. Every bank has to do marketing and they don't do a hard pull to check your amazing credit minute by minute. 

And who cares anyways? If you have Good Credit your in control of the ship, not them. You don't like it throw the offer in trash. That is much better than coming online and trashing them about the CU "Appears to think you were uneducated about your current credit"  These are businesses, and one who made you a better offer than what they thought you had. Give it a rest! 

Message 4 of 26
Luscher
Valued Contributor

With any decent score you can get 0% at a dealer that is offering it or 1.49% at DCU. I always lough at these kind of offers. But I guess a lot of people just don't know and fall for it.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, most of the general public just walk right into a dealership without knowing their credit score, or what current interest rates are. Just knowing they want a car and how much they think they can pay per month.

Message 6 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores average 750 and I still get offers for secured credit cards and predatory loans. Most of those SP credit offers are very outdated, especially for people who like us, who go on forums to maximize their potential for obtaining credit. They offered you a better deal than what they *THOUGHT you had, trying to obtain your business. 

I think you should not be so full of yourself. Every bank has to do marketing and they don't do a hard pull to check your amazing credit minute by minute. 

And who cares anyways? If you have Good Credit your in control of the ship, not them. You don't like it throw the offer in trash. That is much better than coming online and trashing them about the CU "Appears to think you were uneducated about your current credit"  These are businesses, and one who made you a better offer than what they thought you had. Give it a rest! 

@Not full of myself, just not dumb either..I am probably one of the most honest people and down to earth people you know if you were to know me personally.    Still preditory imo..  Also notice I didn't mention said CU as no real point if people find what works for them great and I agree they are a business anod who knows when that SP came from, but most CU even @ 620-640's will destroy that rate they provided.  Anyways have a great day, just thought I would share it with others is all. 

Message 7 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Luscher wrote:
With any decent score you can get 0% at a dealer that is offering it or 1.49% at DCU. I always lough at these kind of offers. But I guess a lot of people just don't know and fall for it.

On a lease this cannot happen or would of gone through DCU on my current car..  Since it is a lease had to use lexus, but by knowing the money factor is how I can up with the 3% apr.. Not to bad on a RC 350 F Sport that has no promotional leases being offered at this time.

@I agree most cars can get 1.49% apr at DCU if you buy or all that is..  Dealerships probably not so much depending on the car.. Tier a++ on this car @ lexus would of been 3% as well, so DCU woud of been the route if I would of bought it.  But due to my past mistakes that have since been fixed or mostly fixed I had to wrap my negative equity for the nice 10.88 percent loan into the lease.. This is the way I choose to get rid of 8k in negative equity over 36 months at a cheaper payment than I had and a more expensive car than what I had.. It worked for me.  The more you know obviously is the more power you have.  

Message 8 of 26
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Yupp^^^^ My first new car was a lease and I ended up buying it. Either way I am glad I leased a car, and I would do it again in the future even though a lot of people are against it.

BTW the new RCF is so NICE! how much are lease payments on them? I have been considering it, but have a feeling its going to be like 1,000,000 a month since its so new
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 9 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Luscher wrote:
Yupp^^^^ My first new car was a lease and I ended up buying it. Either way I am glad I leased a car, and I would do it again in the future even though a lot of people are against it.

BTW the new RCF is so NICE! how much are lease payments on them? I have been considering it, but have a feeling its going to be like 1,000,000 a month since its so new

Thanks.. Ya it is controversial to say the least on what I did, but IMO it is the best way to flush out negative equity... I LOVE the car, I have yet to see another one in Nashville imagine that, you just don't see them on the roads or least I haven't yet and the comment I get are daily and the looks I get also are daily lol.. Kinda weird, but whatever since I have really one of the only ones on the road at least where I live..

@Keep in mind I wrapped 8k negative equity in from my Infiniti into this lease.. The least is at 36 months as well so that negative equtity will be done when I walk away in another 33 months?  I put 0 down and my payments are @928 month.  So really not that bad considering my G37s Coupe was @ 935 a month @ 72 months @ 10.88 interest... I think I came out pretty dang good out of this deal.. Although it is a HIGH payment by anyones standard I still think I got a good deal to get out of a bad situation, obviously the Tier 1 financing helped alot to since I have turned my credit around.  Hope this helps

Also as you stated since their is a shortage of them and such a new car they aren't doing any lease promos what-so-ever..  So best you can do is around 3% apr lease w/0 down for 720+ credit.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.