Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease a car

tag
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Lease a car

Folks I want to lease a car like a Lexus or an Infinity. I do not want to pay more than 450.00 per month in lease. I do not want to pay any money down.

My current scores are FICO EQ 683; TU 690 and EX 693.

My credit utilization is 45%

I make around 130K

What are the odds of getting approved?

Will appreciate your inputs.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
EddieK
Established Contributor

Re: Lease a car

Have you had an auto loan before?

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 2 of 10
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Yes. I currently do have a loan on my Honda Accord paying promptly for the last three years. Reason of leasing is I have lost equity on my current Honda. Currently no baddies on my report. I do have inquiries for some cards I got approved of.

Message 3 of 10
EddieK
Established Contributor

You'll have no issues then.  Infiniti's always have very aggressive lease deals so they'd be your best bet to get the most car out of your $450 budget.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 4 of 10
m3v8
New Contributor

First time lease is always harder to get approved for since the bank issuing lease gives you the car for nothing.
But you can still do it, especially if you have already financed a vehicle.
You have to follow these basic steps:
- Number One: The Cheaper the sale price of a car, the lower payment going to be,- the lower both of those numbers the easier it is to get the bank to issue a car lease.
- You must research True price of a vehicle (truecar. com) you want to lease. Do not negotiate with dealer "what payment my lease is going to be". If you negotiate a payment then that is exactly how the dealer is going to bump the total vehicle price up and get you. To a dealer a sale is a sale, let it be finance or a sale. YOUR GOAL IS TO GET THE DEALER SELL YOU THE CAR AT A LOWEST PRICE POSSIBLE.
There is a mathematical formula dealers and banks use to calculate monthly payment. You can find this formula on internet. To calculate a payment you need to know these numbers:
- Residual of a vehicle (the higher % the better)
- Money Factor
- Lease Term (how many months lease)
- How many miles to be driven per year (lower better, always get 10k/y no more than that. If you will drive more than that, you can pay for extra miles at end of lease, bank will give you huge discount.)
Having an idea of what monthly payment going to be, will help you get the number even lower by negotiating harder on a sale price of vehicle with dealer.
There is also another good option to put some money as down payment to have your payment even lower.
The bank will love all of this and will get you approved right away!
05/09 EX-573, EQ-578, TU-587
05/10 EX-606, EQ-636, TU-715
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is your first lease, I alway encourage people to read www.leaseguide.com.  You should have no problem getting a lease with your scores.  However, you may get a better deal going through a broker than a dealership.

Message 6 of 10
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

A broker to negotiate the lease? Would they not cost me? Where/How do I find one?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanduwar wrote:

A broker to negotiate the lease? Would they not cost me? Where/How do I find one?

By a broker I mean a leasing company.  It is free and keep in mind they go to the dealership to negotiate the deal on your behalf and find you whatever car you are looking for. 

When i leased my Infiniti, I sent them my info. and car I wanted and they went to the find me the best deal. Sign paperwork from Infiniti and car was brought to me at home. So do your research thoroughly before leasing.

Message 8 of 10
mariposa7678
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chanduwar wrote:

By a broker I mean a leasing company.  It is free and keep in mind they go to the dealership to negotiate the deal on your behalf and find you whatever car you are looking for. 

When i leased my Infiniti, I sent them my info. and car I wanted and they went to the find me the best deal. Sign paperwork from Infiniti and car was brought to me at home. So do your research thoroughly before leasing.

interesting, never thought about that..I learn every day..thanks 

2/23/15 -EQ 676 TU 627 EX 665 7/27/15 EQ 683 TU 683 EX 677 9/4/15 EQ 719 TU 690 EX 677 11/5/15 EQ 725 TU 693 EX 734**2/7/16 EQ 732 TU 696 EX 742
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mariposa7678 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chanduwar wrote:

interesting, never thought about that..I learn every day..thanks 

You are welcome.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.