Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leasing 2012 over 2013... AMAZING!!! - Infiniti and Kia

tag
awal
Regular Contributor

Re: Leasing 2012 over 2013... AMAZING!!! - Infiniti and Kia

@drkaje wrote:

I've really toyed with the idea of a 2012 Civic, manual transmission, no options, very late this year.

I'll cry over the inquiry but have to get a car soon, LOL! It's getting to the point where sharing DGF's car won't work.

I own a 2012 Civic EX. Its a great commuter car, but it is in no way a fun to drive car. Unless you are getting a fantastic deal, I'd reccommend looking elsewhere.

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 21 of 27
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Bring car payment free for the last 5 years has been so incredible, I can't even begin to tell you.  SO MANY more things to invest $3-500+/mo in with a positive ROI, vs that of a car, which is an automatic negative ROI.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 27
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I've never even heard of that car before opening this thread and wouldn't recognize one, LOL!

Nice cars are nice but they're more or less a functional thing for me. The only vehicle I've really enjoyed driving (as an adult) was a Jeep. Gas is way too crazy for such an indulgence, especially considering I'll be commuting 100+ miles/day. In a few years, I'll spoil myself with one.Smiley Happy

@Cellice wrote:

Oh, it is but its one of the best deals available. You will be paying only slightly less (maybe 30-50) a month for the Civic. I'm a car fanatic so I like nice cars hah

If you are community 100 + miles a day leasing is not an option for you. Stick to financing a nice eco-friendly vehicle.

Message 23 of 27
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@awal wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I've really toyed with the idea of a 2012 Civic, manual transmission, no options, very late this year.

I'll cry over the inquiry but have to get a car soon, LOL! It's getting to the point where sharing DGF's car won't work.

I own a 2012 Civic EX. Its a great commuter car, but it is in no way a fun to drive car. Unless you are getting a fantastic deal, I'd reccommend looking elsewhere.

Yeah the Civic quality has dropped dramatically. If you want a decent quality car with good mileage. Get a Golf TDI. It might be diesel but they get excellent mileage. Plus VW covers your maintenance for 3 years.

Message 24 of 27
Cellice
Regular Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Bring car payment free for the last 5 years has been so incredible, I can't even begin to tell you.  SO MANY more things to invest $3-500+/mo in with a positive ROI, vs that of a car, which is an automatic negative ROI.

My car is not an investment. If that was my only concern then I would buy a used appliance with low mileage and drive that. However, I'm an auto enthusiast.

Message 25 of 27
Mvhficoforum
New Visitor

I have Kia optima sx lease for just a month but want to trade it in and get an Infiniti instead. Will Infiniti take over my lease and finance a new deal for me ? Any advice on early repro of lease? Don't want to hurt my credit rating.
Message 26 of 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Mvhficoforum wrote:
I have Kia optima sx lease for just a month but want to trade it in and get an Infiniti instead. Will Infiniti take over my lease and finance a new deal for me ? Any advice on early repro of lease? Don't want to hurt my credit rating.

You have a payoff just like an auto loan finance... a lease has a payoff just the same... you would be better of taking it to carmax and bring your checkbook and write a check for the difference if you want a new car that bad... if you take it to infiniti they will give you say 20 and it's worth 25 but you owe 30 (just using example numbers) but they are going to offer you a trade in that allows them to still sell it and make money and the new 14 kia optima is launching now with new body so your 13' is going to dip further as is ours!

last I checked our 13 kia optima is $5k upside down and we are about 7-8 months into the lease.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.