southfloridalease

Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

My past 2 leases that I have had have been with VW Credit.  My first lease I had no missed or late payments at all....On my second lease, 6 months into the lease, I was diagnosed with Cancer, and was unable to make payments on time, due to growing health care bills.  Once I was finished with Chemotherapy, I was able to make regular on time payments for the duration of the lease.  I am looking to lease another car, but am worried about the late payments on my credit report.  I wrote VW Credit a GW letter, asking them if they would be so kind as to help me with a few payments, but no luck.  I got in the mail, a statement of the payments that I made to VW with the dates and the amounts.  I NEED A NEW CAR ASAP......What should I do?  Was thinking about a Toyota, Kia or Hyundai!!!!!   HELP!!!!!

Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Re: Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

Have you approached VW.  If you ultimately brought it current and made all the remaining payments, they might be forgiving?

Is there a reason you need to lease instead of buying?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Leasing a Car with 11 Late Payments/FICO Score 689

If they were not recent lates you are probably fine.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+